Chapter 19 - Screwed

Kaia

No one told me I would have to go through so much trouble, just to carry out this plan.

I knew it would take time and effort, as things always do. But where in the job description did it mention having to put up with psychotic ex-girlfriends?

And although I wanted her in a coffin, I was scared when Elias began to choke her. Not because I was worried about Rachel, but because I was worried about Elias. Was he willing to kill her in front of me?

Then he ignored me for two days. I waited to hear from him until I was pulled into the janitor's closet where he kissed me again, except properly this time. If I closed my eyes and thought hard enough, I could still feel his hands on my hips, his lips on my throat, the sounds he made...

I wanted to see him again, yet I was panicking. Something was telling me that the friend he was seeing with Alexander had something to do with my father. Meaning that my father's plans were working. Did Elias find what my father wanted him to find?

So much fucking trouble.

A knock came at my door. Was it Elias? Did he make it back okay?

All of the optimism quickly faded from my mind when I saw Brandy and Angel standing there with blank expressions on their faces. So this was what my father left for Elias.

Why?

"Natalie." Brandy wrapped her arms around me. "Natalie, are you alright?"

I cringed at the name she called me. It was nice being here, having Elias and the rest of his friends call me Kaia. Hearing Brandy call me Natalie made my stomach turn.

I hugged her back, unsure of what else to do. "Yes, yes I'm fine. Why are you here?"

"Your father," Angel answered, closing the door for privacy. "He's up to something really bad."

When is he not up to something really bad?

Whatever he had planned, I was more than concerned. Why would he send the girls here? How could they possibly help us in this situation? Brandy and Angel knew why I was at the hotel, and I couldn't trust how much they might let slip to Elias.

"Well, What's Nathaniel up to?"

Angel tilted her head to the side, obviously confused. Neither of the sisters had ever heard me refer to my father by his first name. People often found it disrespectful when others did that, and that was exactly why I was doing it.

I met Brandy and Angel when I was sixteen. They were good people, and I always knew more about them than they knew about me. Brandy often confided in me, about her home life and her sister. She felt guilty because she was older, because she was supposed to protect Angel, and because their whole lives had been taken from them.

Since they were a few years older than me, they sort of became my mentors. I learned my way around men, and how to deal with the feelings that came with it. I cared for the sisters, yet they just reminded me of everything bad I was trying to leave behind.

"Before we left, I heard some of the guards talking." Brandy began to explain, her voice slightly trembling. "Mr. King is planning on coming here. He's going to shoot up the hotel and then take us back to Canada."

"And he asked us specifically if we could get any information from Elias's men." Angel paced back and forth across my room, their fear was so strong I could almost smell it. "He told us to sleep with them if we had to."

After staring at the sisters for a moment, pressure started to clamp down on my chest. He was...he was coming to shoot up the hotel? Was he going to kill Elias so soon? Without getting him to agree to the deal first? Or did he just feel like scaring him, or killing guards...what was my father's objective?