Chapter 20 - Truth Or Dare?

Alexander

"I'm looking for Elias." She tucked a piece of her curly brown hair behind her ear. "Do you know where he is?"

Well, wasn't this something?

Kaia Robinson... caught snooping around my boss's office. I didn't think she was aware that I saw her, but I did. She came out of the room and locked the door, trying to play it off as if that wasn't what she was doing.

"I'm pretty sure he's in his room," I answered, scanning Kaia's body language. Her shoulders were stiff, I could tell she was nervous. "Would you like me to take you there?"

"Umm, you know what? It's late, I think I'll just see him tomorrow." she began to back away from me slowly, keeping her green and brown eyes locked with mine. "Goodnight, Alexander."

And with that, she turned around and walked away. I noticed the papers she had shoved into her back pocket... was this girl really stealing files?

She was. And I didn't know why she would do that, but now I had the motivation to investigate her. Something I should have done a very long time ago.

***

The next day I drank some coffee and opened my laptop. What exactly was I looking for?

Nothing specific yet, but I decided to see what would come up when I searched her name. I typed Kaia Robinson into the google search bar and waited for a second for the results to pop up.

Quickly going through some Instagram and Facebook accounts, I found nothing. It's the twenty-first century. There was no way in hell that Kaia didn't have social media, everyone did.

Unless she was under a different name.

An idea popped into my mind... an idea I wished I hadn't thought of because I didn't want it to be true.

There was no other way of knowing. Kaia broke into Elias's office, and I wanted to know why. I wanted to know who she was doing it for, and if she would ever admit it to my face.

Hesitantly, I typed in another name.

Kaia King.

Nothing.

What were the chances that Kaia was secretly working for Nathaniel? Or that they were related? I'd like to say they were low, yet my gut was telling me something else.

If I was being honest with myself, Kaia and Nathaniel did look alike.

How much did we know about her? That she was in her early twenties, she was hot, and her car happened to break down right in front of Elias's hotel...

I needed proof. It would probably take hours to run her name through the King enterprises database, hoping that I could find even just a picture. That's all it would take to prove she was a lying sneaky bitch.

But maybe I was wrong. Maybe I was so drunk that I started seeing things, and the interaction that I thought happened didn't actually, maybe I just imagined the whole thing.

If that was the case, then I should stop drinking.

My curiosity and better judgment won, so I pulled up the website and began my hacking duties.

Five minutes in and my phone buzzed, my eyes rolling at the message.

Nasir
You wanna get laid tonight?

Me
Depends.
Are you fucking me or am I fucking you?

Nasir
No, not you and me.
I'm saying these girls from the truck want to drink with us, and I'm hoping we might get lucky. You down?