Chapter 9 - Disobedient

Kaia

Two days had passed since Rachel threatened me, and Elias offered to show me the very unprofessional things he could do.

I was happy to find out that they weren't getting back together. Rachel was just crazy and obsessive. And I'm sure things would escalate once she saw Elias and I were getting closer, I was ready to deal with that.

Even though it had only been forty-eight hours since I'd been with Mr. Torres, I wondered when I would see him again. What we would do, what I would say to him, when I would get the chance to touch him...

No. Just because I was attracted to him didn't mean I got to jump his bones right away. I had to be smart, reasonable, and patient.

Besides, he seemed a little closed off. I wasn't sure how hard I would have to work to get him to trust me, and I really hated that idea.

Why couldn't I just have a normal life? With a living mother, a normal father, and whatever else normal people had. I missed being a kid. Children were oblivious to everything, they never had to worry.

And I worried constantly.

A knock came at the door. I swear to god, that better not be Rachel or I would punch her this time. I mean, why couldn't she leave me alone?

I opened it and immediately closed it once I saw who it was, but he didnt let me. My father stuck his foot in the doorway and tried to pry his way in. "Hi, darling."

No. No. No.

Why the fuck was he here? I had nothing for him. No information, no progress, nothing.

I didn't even know what kind of information I was supposed to be obtaining. All he said was 'make him care for you, otherwise my whole plan will go to shit' - perfect explanation.

"Get out." I attempted to stop him by pushing back on the door. "Go away."

"No." he insisted. "I need to speak with you."

My father gave one last hard push, and he was in. I let out a frustrated breath. "What did I do now?"

He closed the room door, allowing us some privacy. My father then went into the bathroom, searching through the drawers for something. "Is there a first aid kit in here?"

Confused, I entered and pulled it out of the drawer. "Yes, why?"

Nathaniel lifted his hand to show me. A hole was poked right through the center of it, blood dripping from the wound and onto the counter. I gulped at the sight, not wanting to imagine how much that hurt.

"Who did that?"

"Elias fucking Torres." My father popped open the lid of the first aid kit and pulled out a roll of bandage. "He didn't accept the deal."

He offered that he and Elias exchange 50% of each other's businesses...

Why the hell would Elias accept that, along with running prostitution at his hotel? After my father ordered Daniel to be killed? He was delusional. Fucking delusional.

Really, if my father could hear himself speak, maybe he would finally understand how stupid he sounded.

"And then he stabbed me with my own pen." He wrapped the bandage around his injured hand, wincing at the pain. "Who stabs a man with his own pen?"

Elias, obviously.

He left the first aid kit open on the counter. So, I cleaned up the mess for him. After returning to the bedroom, I saw that my father was sitting on one of the chairs.