Chapter 10 - A Coincidence

Elias

Stress.

It was such an annoying little emotion. If I could remove it from my mind, I would. But I couldn't, so here I was, excessively stressing about Nathaniel King.

Two days.

Another two fucking days have past since he came to my office, and escaped.

I probably shouldn't have stabbed him.

Not that he didn't deserve it, because he did, it just allowed him to get away somehow.

Now I had no information on Daniels location, or wherever the hell Mr. King ran off to.

That wasn't logical on my part. It's unlikely someone will want to tell you what you want to know when you've just put a pen through their hand.

Good job, Elias.

Since Alexander was really good with computers, I had him hack into some security cameras of the nearest towns and cities to see if we could spot him anywhere.

Yet we've had no luck. The old man disappeared once again without a trace. How does he do that? Where did he go? Maybe, he left America entirely and we're just wasting our time.

That would be unfortunate, because I was excited to have another chat once again. One that included a lot more violence and pain for him, of course.

I had Mason helping me too. He asked Nasir if he saw him leave on one of our own hotel security cameras, and he said he made it out by the fire exit.

I'll have to put a guard beside that door.

Or maybe I'm paranoid?

No. You could never be too safe, right?

"Elias?"

I snapped out of my trance when Nasir called my name. Him, Mason, Alex and I were all sat in the security room, searching for Nathaniel like we had been.

"Are you okay?" Nasir continued, sitting up in his chair to get a good view of me.

I sighed. "Yea, I was just thinking."

"About what?" Mason cut in, passing me a stack of papers that I had yet to go through today.

"I know what he was thinking about." Alexander laughed, turning away from his computer for a second. "Elias was thinking about Kaia...and what she would look like naked."

God, I really hated this guy.

"No, I was not." I defended myself, unsure of how convincing I sounded.

Nasir's eyes lit up with excitement. "The new girl? I haven't seen her yet, what does she look like?"

Alexander started spinning around in the office chair with a smile on his face like a little kid. "Long curly hair, beautiful eyes, and a fat ass-"

God, could he stop?

"Do you have no respect, Alex?" I snapped, hoping to shut him up. He didn't usually talk like that, it was obviously just to annoy me.