19.

Danielle

Tyler was mad at me. I gave her a B on her essay and she wanted an A. But I refused to show her favoritism.

"Tyler, baby, it's wrong to just pass you because of our relationship." She pouted "You're the only class I have a B in and we're screwing. If anything I should be passing with flying colors."

I sighed softly, "Tyler the writing was good, you just go on long tangents about the book and sometimes I don't need to know exactly what color the persons shirt was in the scene." She glared

I grabbed her hand, "I actually want your writing to strengthen."

"Then tutor me." I shook my head "That's unfair, I'm the teacher. You should get outside help."

She nodded softly, "Right. You're the teacher." She was pissed.

I grabbed her hand and she moved it and put her hand in a fist.

"Professor if you don't mind exiting the room. I would like to do your work in peace." I let out a soft sigh and left.

I went downstairs where Nelly was cleaning the kitchen.

"Can I help?" I asked, to which she agreed.

I grabbed a rag and I helped her clean. But I couldn't get my mind off of my love.

I stopped and Nelly looked at me so I whined, "She's mad at me Nelly. Trust me, I want her to get an A in the class."

Nelly agreed, "She feels entitled to an A but that doesn't mean she deserves one. But I also feel that youre being a bit more critical on her because she's your girlfriend so just make sure you're actually treating her fairly."

I raised my eyebrow, "How am I being unfair?"

Nelly gave me a slight side eye, "She's a student who wants to do better in your class. She's asked for help and instead you're down here with me."

But if I do that then I'll be doing the work for her and I don't want that to happen.

I opened my mouth to rebuttal but Nelly intervened, "You can give someone help without doing their work for them. If you just told her your expectations as a teacher she wouldn't have to go off the part of you she already knows."

Nelly shrugged and said, "How is what she's asking for any different than a student asking questions after class."

Nelly was right. She deserves my help just like any other student of mine.

I finished wiping off the counter. I went back upstairs and to Tyler's room. I opened the door and she was wiping her tears.

She saw me and sighed, "Danielle please go."

I closed the door and sat next to her. "I'm not going anywhere Tyler. If you want an A in the class I'll help you get there."

She glared, "You just said it'd be cheating."

I nodded softly and picked up her last essay. "By no means am I helping you write the next one but I'll sit with you and go over everything in this one. That way you'll know how I grade and you'll have a better idea of what to do."

She climbed on my lap and wiped her tears. I held her as we went over her work together.

It really felt like we were just a teacher and student for the first time in a long time.

Besides the part where she's on my lap, she's still my love and I'm not moving her off my lap. It's her designated spot.

After I explained she took the essay back.

She folded her hands together. "Thank you so much for the help, I will now thank you with a kiss."

She kissed me and grabbed her laptop. I hugged her as she wrote the next essay for me. I just wanted to be in her presence, that was all.

|~|~|~|~|~|

What's a short term goal of yours?