6.

Today in class we read an excerpt of a Virginia Woolf piece and I was going around collecting the handouts I gave.

As I walked past a group of boys I felt eyes that felt less than pleasant. I ignored it but it was still off-putting.

I grabbed Tyler's paper and she was making intense eye contact with my lips. That kiss drove this girl mad.

After I had all the papers the class ended and I went to my desk. When everyone left Tyler approached my desk.

I looked up at her, she looked upset. "I haven't seen you in a few days...Professor."

I motioned to the work I had, "I've been busy." She looked very sad.

She wasn't on the verge of tears but she was almost there, "I'm really sorry if I made it awkward between us. I like you as a teacher but I do miss talking to you like a friend. I didn't mean to overstep."

I did a soft sigh. "You didn't overstep. It's just, Nelly was right, I don't want you to develop feelings for me if I'm nowhere in the headspace to reciprocate. I don't want to play with your heart."

"Don't ever let Nelly speak for my heart again." She was so cold with that sentence that it caught me off guard.

"She swears she knows everything. If I want you around then she has to deal with it. I scolded her this morning for ridiculing you in the first place. My parents died, nothing in the world can hurt me nearly as much as that. I'll be fine." And I knew she meant it.

I folded my arms and turned to her, "Ok...so what now."

She had a mischievous look, "Can I come over your place?" I raised my eyebrow, "For?"

She shrugged, "A sleepover." I was a bit quiet "Do teachers and students usually have sleepovers?"

She fiddled her thumbs, "I'm not your student outside of school."

I gave in. "Alright Tyler. I'll pick you up tomorrow evening." She left and I shifted in my chair.

I was anticipating something to happen that day. I needed to calm down.

|~|~|~|~|~|

Who's your role model?