3.

I walked into Nelly's cafe. I usually didn't come here on weekday afternoons but I was rushing to work this morning and I couldn't stop by so I thought I'd come for lunch.

As I approached the register I saw my student. "Hello, what can I get you." She looked up and went deathly pale, "Miss Love what are you doing here."

I then replied, "Getting lunch." She was now embarrassed. "R-right."

Then Nelly walked out of the back and she was holding her apron. "Danielle, we missed you this morning."

I folded my hands, "I do apologize, I was running late to work."

Then Tyler looked between us. Nelly giggled, "Danielle this is my niece, Tyler. Tyler this is my best friend, Danielle"

My eyes widened along with Tyler's, "You're friends?!"

Many people in the cafe looked over and Tyler went quiet while turning tomato red out of embarrassment.

I decided to just order my food. "Anyways, can I get-" Nelly handed me a garden salad with Italian dressing and a iced cranberry tea.

"You know me so well." She nodded and said, "Tyler you're on lunch now."

I put my money on the counter and went to sit down. Tyler sat at a table next to me and she had a sandwich.

I ate while I looked over my calendar but I felt eyes peering into my skull. I glanced up and I could see Tyler looked at the book in her hand.

I went back to reading and then I felt those eyes again. I then said "Why are you staring?"

I looked up and she was flustered. "You just look really young to be a professor."

I then said, "Thank you. And I'm only 28." She nodded softly and I went back to what I was doing but she was still staring.

"Come sit across from me Tyler." I looked up and she shook her head, "I'm ok."

I then said, "I wasn't asking."

She slowly got up and came to sit across from me. She was blushing, she was also clenching the book in her hands.

She cleared her throat, "So...how are you and my Aunt friends again." I sipped my drink and she stared at my lips.

I put the cup down, "We met when I was in college. I always came here to get coffee for the all-nighters I pulled and eventually we became good friends."

She took in that bit of information before asking, "W-well why did you become a teacher? You should be a model or something."

I just looked away, "I'm no model." She then immediately said, "You're the most gorgeous woman I've seen in my entire life."

She didn't stutter or even think about it before she said it. I knew she meant it.

She blushed softly and I said, "Thank you but I think all beauty fades eventually and I do really like to teach."

She smiled softly, "That's a good point. So...if this isn't overstepping, do you have a boyfriend o-or g-g-girlfriend p-perhaps."

I shook my head softly, "No I'm single." Her eyes widened "Why, is it hard for you to get one too?"

"No, it's fairly easy." She got small.

I let out a short sigh, "I just have...questionable taste in who I date."

Clearly very questionable if I'm a bit interested in her.

"What are your top three things that are important to you in your relationships?" She asked.

I wanted to make her blush again, "Personality, loyalty, and sex." She turned about as red as the cranberry tea I was drinking.

"O-ok. W-why is sex so high again?" I then said "Because I want my partner to know my body, it's another way of knowing me."

She took off her glasses to clean them, they were fogging up. "I-I suppose." She agreed.

She picked up my drink and took a sip. She then looked over at the red cup with her tea in it. 

She looked apologetic, "I didn't mean to sip your drink." I then said "Tyler how blind are you."

She sighed softly, "It's really bad." She put her glasses back on and I giggled.

We ended up having a casual conversation for about an hour. Then it got busy and Tyler had to go back to work.

I left shortly after and I was quiet the whole ride home. Why do I have to wear my heart on my sleeve.

|~|~|~|~|~|

What's your type?