11.

Tyler

I woke up and it was close to midnight. I had another nightmare and I felt the tears coming. I curled into a ball and cried.

Why did I have to watch them die.

I was shaking and I knew I was about to have an episode. I tried to grab my glasses but I accidentally pushed them off of my stand and behind the bed.

Everything got worse immediately. I grabbed the phone and I pressed the redial button, hoping that Nelly was in her room.

If I walked there I would hurt myself. It's too dark for me to be walking around without my glasses.

Someone picked up the phone and I heard, "Hello?" In a raspy voice.

I sniffled, "Who's this?"

Then the voice became clear "Tyler are you crying?"

My tears got faster, "I'm sorry Danielle, I tried to call Nelly."

I wiped them and she just asked, "Do you need me Tyler."

I got a bit hysterical, "Yes please."

She cooed me over the phone. "I'm on the way. Breathe baby." She hung up.

I curled in a ball and continued to cry.

|~|

||Two Years Ago||

My mother and father were both arguing about which ice cream flavor was better.

"Cookie dough is better Honey." My mother said while licking hers.

My father disagreed, "Simple Vanilla has the perfect amount of sweetness dear."

Personally, I was a fan of strawberry so I didn't even include myself in the argument.

We ate our ice cream and then we went walking down the pier. It was a gorgeous night.

My parents were joking together as usual but I was enjoying the scenery.

"Tyler love bug you're quiet." I looked back at my mother.

"How do you know when you've fallen in love." My father pulled me to him.

He hugged me, "Well you'll know when there's a person who's always on your mind. Every time you make a decision you think of how it'll affect them."

I've definitely not experienced it yet then.

He continued, "You also know you're in love when you commit to always being there for that person. That means physically and mentally."

My mother hugged me as well, "You'll find love when you least expect it. And you'll do anything for whoever that person. But that also means you'll know when someone loves you because they'll do the same." I smiled softly

"HEY!" We all turned around.

There were two guys with guns. My father pulled us behind him "Give us your money. Right now!"

I put my phone behind my back and called the police.

My dad dropped his wallet and kicked it over "The women too." My mother was digging through her bag.

"Honey give me your wallet." My father urged.

The robber then said "Does she have a weapon!"

My dad then said, "Honey please."

As she pulled out the wallet one yelled, "It's a knife!" And shot her.

My dad tried to disarm him but he was shot as well. The men grabbed everything and ran.

"Mom!" She was shot in the lung. "Dad!" I cried.

He was shot in the neck.

He gasped for air, "We..l-l-love...you...Tyler." My father managed to say.

My mother was crying with me. I had called the police and I was applying pressure on their wounds.

"Please, I need help!" I screamed into my phone.

My mother then whispered "I love you Ty..." and a tear fell from her eye as she went limp.

"Mom!" She wasn't moving.

My Dad wasn't either "Dad..."

They were gone. I just sat there and cried until the police arrived arrived. Why did everything go so wrong.

|~|

||Present Day||

I felt a dip in the bed and I looked up to see Danielle. She was still in her pajamas.

"Come here." I crawled on her and she hugged me. She cradled me in her lap.

"I keep reliving that night." My tears fell and she pulled away. "It was a petty theft. My mother was getting her wallet out but they shot her. And then they shot my dad."

I cried even harder, "I have to watch them die over and over again every night."

Danielle pulled me into her chest. "And I'll always be here to calm your nerves Tyler. I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

Someone who's always there physically and mentally is someone who's in love. I pulled back and looked into her eyes.

She cupped my face, "Did you want me to get you a water."

She's in love...with me. I doubt she knows it.

"Have you ever been in love with anyone Danielle?" I asked.

She hmm'd softly, "No...I don't think so at least."

She definitely doesn't know that she's in love with me but that's alright.

I gripped her shirt. "Lay with me...please."

She laid with me and continued to hold me. The hottest woman on earth loves me. Thank the heavens.

|~|~|~|~|~|

Have you found your soulmate yet?