NWH SPOILERS (PT2)

Start from the beginning

She kisses the top of my head.

"Promise me you'll talk to me when things get hard. Or just in general. You've lost so much and I just want to be there for you."

I turn onto my stomach and pull her into a tight hug.

"I promise. I promise."

"Good, now what do we do about Ned?"

Ah, there is that.

"Um, well honestly, I have no idea. If he hasn't remembered on his own I don't think he ever will." I mumble.

"You know, back when I didn't remember, Ned was looking into you and your backstory. He said you always looked sad all the time and he wanted to find out what was wrong."

"Let me guess, all he found was my ever growing long list of dead parental figures?" I laugh humorlessly.

"Okay, well, yeah, but he was determined to help you so that could be something!"

"Yeah."

"Hey, don't be a debby downer, if I can remember, so can he."

"Expect disappointment and you'll never be disappointed."

"Peter..."

"I know, I know, I just. Can I just have this win before we fight the next battle? I'm so tired of fighting just to wake up every day. I need a day, just a day and then we can figure out Ned."

"Okay, okay. I love you, Peter. Take as long as you need. I'm not trying to rush you."

"I love you too. I didn't meant to be rude."

"You weren't being rude. Just rest, okay?"

I hum into her shirt and before I know it I'm asleep.

I just hope that when I wake up this wasn't a dream.

***MJ's POV***

I take a deep breath and look down at the boy in front of me.

He doesn't even look happy when sleeping. His eyes are sealed shut, he has a death grip on my shirt.

It's then that I realize it's most likely a nightmare that's warranting this reaction out of Peter.

"Peter, wake up." I gently shake his shoulders, hoping that'll be enough.

It's not.

His eyebrows are furrowed and his lip is so close to bleeding from the amount of pressure he's putting on it.

"Peter, hey, it's okay, I'm right here. I need you to wake up. Peter!"

At that, Peter shoots out of the bed and rushes over to a sink by the door.

He splashes his face with water a couple of times before resting his hands on either side of the sink and closing his eyes.

He does this for a couple minutes, so I decide to speak up.

"Peter?"'

When he hears this, it seems to make the situation worse and he starts hyperventilating.

I rush out of the bed and over to the door that Peter is now leaning on for support.

"Hey, hey, hey. You okay?"

He frantically nods.

I bring him into a gentle hug and we stay in that position for a good while.

"I know it doesn't seem okay now, but it will. I promise." I place a light kiss on his head and lead him over to the beds again.

"Try to get some more sleep. We'll talk more in the morning okay?"