X: Visitors (Serena's POV)

I finally told Amelia that I was a lesbian. Our lunch went on in awkward silence as we both had just confessed our sexuality. I didn't expect it to be easy, but at least we did it.

The rest of the day had gone by with awkward looks, stares, and silence. I'm pretty sure that we both were stuck pondering the same fact now. That there was actually a possibility of us being together now. Now that we know that we're both lesbians.

School ended and I was on my way home then A thought popped into my head. Oh damn, now that I know that she's a lesbian I can keep that promise that I made to my mom. Maybe I'll ask her out tomorrow. Maybe even tonight. I should invite her over, should I? We've had a weird day. I don't know, maybe yes, maybe no, maybe so.

I stepped inside my apartment to surprisingly find my mom home cooking? She never cooks. She can't cook. It's like the thing she's worst at, next to being cool and being careful. What's going on?

"You're home early, did something happen? Why are you cooking? You know you can't cook right?"

My mom came home early maybe once every other week if she was lucky.

"Well hello to you to, oh so loving daughter of mine. I'm cooking because we have visitors coming over soon and I would like to treat them nicely."

"Mom, are our visitors terrorists or something? Are you trying to kill time them with you're cooking? You realize it's YOUR food."

"Serena, calm down, it's not that bad."

"Mom, last time somebody ate your cooking they had to go to the hospital for food poisoning. You're food is literally the cancer of all foods."

"Whatever Serena. Go to your room and put all you stuff away. You should also tidy up around here. We need this place clean."

I went on with my duties, putting my stuff away and tidying up the place in preparations for our visitors. Soon enough, the buzzer rang for our apartment and I went to open the door while Mom was finishing her 'cooking'. I opened the door just to be greeted by a familiar face.

"A-Amelia?! W-What are you doing here?!"