CH.42 : Broken promises

*Y/N*

I was crying into Meliodas' chest and he was rubbing my back. I sniffed and got free of the hug.

"You okay now?" He asks. "I will NEVER be okay with the thought. Zen, send me back.." I say with my eyes closed.

"Me too.." I hear Meliodas say. "But if you fail one more time, you guys could die!" Zaneri shouts at us with tears in her eyes.

I walk to her and hug her. "I promise you we won't fail..but..I need you to do something.." I say.

*Meliodas*

I saw Y/N whisper something to Zaneri. She nods. "Ready?" She asks. "Ready.." we both reply. We hold hands and get back into the test.

When I open my eyes, I see Liz's dead body in front of me. "You're fine Meliodas..you're fine.." I smile a closed eyed smile and look up, the rain hitting my face.

I feel a pair of hands on my shoulders that slowly wrap around my neck. It was Y/N.

"Yes. You're fine my love.. calm down..I'm here for you.." she says. That was when I realised that it was the real Y/N. And not just a memory.

I looked at her with shock in my eyes. She smiles. "You're forgiven.." she says as I stroke her hand gently.

Then we both wake up.

Zaneri looks at us with happy tears in her eyes. "You did it!" She shouts as she hugs both of us.

We both gasp but then smile as we look at each other and melt into the hug. "But how?" She asks.

"Now that's something, that even we don't know the answer to Zen.." Y/N says. "I do. Its because we loooove each other!" I cooed.

She punched me out of the cave and I landed on Jenna. She grunts as I chuckled. She lifts me in the air and throws me over to Y/N.

"I believe that is yours.." she says dusting her hands off. "Unfortunately.." Y/N replies as she proceeds to catch me.

I laugh as I snuggle into her neck. "Meliodas.." she says. "Oh right.. sorry.." I say remembering our agreement.