CH.32 : Doubts

*Meliodas*

After some time of serving, I saw Adiva walk out of the tavern. She looked a little low.. So naturally, I followed her.

She went really deep into the woods. Wonder where she was going. She then went into a small area where there were no trees. She then sat down and started tearing.

"I can't believe it..I've been by Meliodas' side for over 3000 years! And he says he loves me. But..what if he's just bluffing it? Pretending..to make me feel better?.." she said then she started to cry.

Is this how she felt? Why was she so insecure about it? I slowly walked to her. When she heard my footsteps, she immediately looked behind.

"M-meliodas?" She stuttered trying to wipe her tears away. I held back her wrist. She just looked at me with shocked. I looked deep into her eyes. Those beautiful dark blue eyes. With tears, it just makes them more beautiful. They look like a million stars in the galaxy.

"Adiva..why would you think I don't love you? Of course I do!" I said. She just looked away. She didn't believe me..

I was about to say something else when I felt a hand ruffle up my hair. "Captaaaaaaiiiiiin!...here you are! We..were looking for you..what were you two..doing?" Ban asked drunk 🥴. I just sighed.

I avoided his question and said, "Ban if you do that again, I swear I WILL find a way to kill you.." I swore, still not letting go of Adiva's wrist. "Fine by meee..make it quick..I wanna see Elaine..." Ban said before passing out.

Adiva ran towards Ban shaking my hand off her wrist. She carried Ban. I took Ban from her and tossed him over my shoulder, then I carried my beautiful Demon angel bridal style and flew back to the Boar Hat.