CH.33 : Nightmares

*Adiva*

I tossed and turned in bed. I was dreaming about all those times Meli would cry over all those dead Elizabeths.

I would always put on a fake smile just to try and comfort him. He said he loved me, but I can't help but feel that he secretly loves Ellie but doesn't know it yet...

Don't go tonight
Stay here one more time
Remind me what it's like, oh
And let's fall in love one more time
I need you now by my side
It tears me up when you turn me down
I'm begging please, just stick around

I'm sorry, don't leave me, I want you here with me
I know that your love is gone
I can't breathe, I'm so weak, I know this isn't easy
Don't tell me that your love is gone
That your love is gone

I'm sorry, don't leave me, I want you here with me
I know that your love is gone
I can't breathe, I'm so weak, I know this isn't easy
Don't tell me that your love is gone
That your love is gone

Don't tell me that your love is gone
That your love is gone

Don't tell me that your love is gone
That your love is gone

I know this isn't easy (easy)

That your love is gone
__________________________________

I woke up instantly from the nightmare. I slowly sat up with a throbbing headache. I slowly got out of Meliodas' hold and went to the balcony.

I was staring at the stars when I heard a sigh. "Another nightmare?" I turned to see Meliodas leaning against the door. His arms crossed and eyes closed as he looked down.

He shook his head and walked up to me. "What's wrong? How come you don't tell me about these nightmares?" He asked hugging my waist.

I just looked down. He hugged my waist slightly tighter as if asking me to answer. "How did you know I was having nightmares?" I asked instead of answering him.

"C'mon Adiva. After that book incident, there was no way I could mistaken you for something else. Plus, sometimes when I wake up I see you staring at the night sky.." he says looking deep into my eyes.

I just blushed as I looked away from his intense gaze. He just chuckled."Soo..how can your Prince help his sleeping beauty go back to sleep again?" He asked.

I laughed. "Prince? I thought you were the beast.." he just growled. "That's not helping me change my mind.." I teased. He just frowned.

I sighed. "I was just having flashbacks of all the dead Ellie's I've seen pass away..then after that, I found Isabella and little Ellie..

"Then my memories were erased..and now here I am back at square one..ugh! Why is life so confusing?!" I groaned as I buried my face in my palms as I leaned against the railing.

I felt Meliodas' hands go from my waist to my wrists and he pulled them gently away from my face. Then he kissed me. It felt so good but so wrong at the same time. Was this meant to be? Or just a stabbing in the heart waiting to happen?

Meliodas pulled apart. "I love you Adiva.." he smiled. I just stayed silent. I was trying my hardest to say something but alas, nothing escaped my mouth.

He just looked at the ground, his smile turning into a slight frown. "I-" I finally managed to say but he cut me off.

"Anyway, we should get some rest. Tomorrow is a big day ahead of us! Elizabeth said that Bartra wanted to reward the "eight" deadly sins with medals!" Meliodas said winking.

"Oh..Elizabeth huh?.." I muttered. "OK then..I better get to bed.." I said fakely yawning.