CH.28 : Lover's war

*Meliodas*

I better check on Adiva. She seems real upset..

That night, I went to our room. She wasn't there. I started to panic. Everyone already went to sleep so they wouldn't have seen her.

Then I noticed the window was open. I guessed she was on the roof. I jumped out of the window, did a backflip and landed on the roof.

There I saw Adiva staring at the beautiful stary night.

I walked up to her. She didn't say anything, she just continued playing with her butterflies.

"Adiva

"Adiva..why are you angry?" I asked my voice softening. "You went too far Meliodas..I know you're powerful and all that, but I really thought you were gonna die.." she said tearing up.

I felt bad. "Even Isabella fainted.." she continued, still playing with her butterflies 🦋 to avoid eye contact.

I put my hand to her chin and made her face me. The butterflies flew all around us and into the night sky. It was a beautiful sight.

 It was a beautiful sight

"I promise to not worry you anymore. Okay?" I promised. "...." Oh. So she was giving me the silent treatment huh? "Find then. To prove it to you, let's have a battle. Don't hold baaaack!" I said flying off towards the kingdom. There was no point in sleeping now, it was almost 7 in the morning.

After some time, Adiva finally decided to join me. "Hell fire!" She shouted. "Full counter!" She disabled her attack. "It seems from a magical aspect you're fine.. let's see your physical attack!" She said aiming a kick at me. I got hit and was sent flying into a castle wall. Adiva just giggled. I flew towards her. "What're you trying to do? Wake up Bartra?" I asked smirking. "Maybe..." she said avoiding eye contact.

" she said avoiding eye contact

I punched her by surprise. She coughed up blood. I felt horrible but she wanted me to prove I can protect myself even if it was against her. She aimed another kick but I blocked it and it sent a wave of light across the kingdom. "What is going on here?!" We heard the King shout from the castle. "Well you've done it now.." I told her. We flew to where the King was.

"We were ummm..exercising?" I said as he sweatdropped. "Exercising?? You were trying to kill each other!" He shouted. Adiva and me sweatdropped this time.

"Your highness, with all due respect, if you call that killing, you need to see the outside world more often. And I can tell you didn't come to the match between Meliodas and Ban yesterday.." Adiva said as I just chuckled. The King just sighed. "Fine..just..don't let it happen again. You are now dismissed.." he said. "I make no promises!" I shouted as I ran away laughing. "Meli! That's so rude!" I heard Adiva shout, running after me.

"Heeheeheeheeheehee.." I just giggled.
______________________________

Hey guys..I might not be updating so often for at least 2 weeks. You can see my reason in my announcements on my profile. I'm really sorry! Hope you enjoyed this chapter though! Thanks for your patience!

Your girl,
Lady_Elizabeth_2021 😉