Wants and Needs

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Well, we're proud of you man. That's some good news to be grateful for over the break." Jungkook pats his back and I nod with a huge grin. That is some good news to celebrate. Just as we started talking about other topics my phone vibrated in my hands.

Ohhh Yoongles👀-
Hey Noelle, can we talk?

I frowned as I read those words over and over again fearing my own demise. It's been three weeks since I've seen or heard from him. After the party, I tried calling leaving a text here and there just so he knew I didn't forget about him. But he just disappeared. Like he was just a figment of my own imagination.

EllaBella💕-
Yeah sure, when?

Ohhh Yoongles👀-
I'll lyk after my meeting. I just wanna see you.

He just wanna see me? Could he finally want to talk to me or does he miss me? Or both? I don't know if I should feel nervous or excited but I texted him an okay and set my phone down. A few miles away was the sandy shore of a beach and it filled the air with its salty taste. Laid out on a spread of blankets were treats and food that Jin had made in his spare time. A frosted brownie with gooey chocolate sauce called to me and I knew it was off my diet but I couldn't resist.

"Any plans for the holiday's guys?" Hobi asks with his nose stuffed into his food.

"Joonie's coming to visit my parents," Sky beams and she truly looks to be in love. I wonder what that feels like, to be loved and know that you are loved the same way. I glance down at my cup with a sigh knowing that I would never truly get my answer.

"My parents wanted to see him so we're going to spend time with mines then go over to his parent's house as well. Plus we have to stop at the mall so I could buy everyone gifts."

"Gifts? What for, the last time my parents expected gifts were in preschool and I would draw stick figures." Jimin shrugs, his silver highlights glistening showing through his brown hair. He maintain a grin while Sky talked and flicked a tongue over his lips.

"It's a custom in both of our families to bring gifts whenever we haven't seen one another in a long time." Namjoon answers and the group dropped their jaw in remembrance.

"Ahhh." In unison. "I completely forgot you guys did that," I said and they smiled whilst looking at each other.

"Our parents miss you guys, preferably Jungkook sadly." Sky rolls her eyes and Jungkook ears perk up to the sound of his name. I laughed because he was to himself playing with the short ends of a leaf and not really paying attention to anything that was going on.

"Same, my mom loves her some Jimin. Anytime I talk to her she's always asking about you." Hobi brought up and it puts a sweet smile on Jimin's face, making his eyes disappear from his cheeks.

The parents that I've been blessed with don't know of my friends. When first meeting them and becoming as close as we all are now, I tried my very hardest to keep this life separate from the one I maintained living with my parents. Their hands will not soil the beauty of my people. This group is the only family I have.

"My sister has been asking about you, Noelle," Namjoon says to me and I smile brightly. I remember Namjoon's sister. She was considered the black sheep of his family due to her brother's shinning light dimming her own. I relate to her more than my own siblings and referred her as my own little sister. It's been a while since any one of us has seen each other's families and it puts a damper on my mood.

I replied sweetly. "Tell her I miss her." And Namjoon nods.

Pink lemonade clouds wrap the sky as if Earth were a child's party gift. We laughed at nothing in particular, throwing food, chasing ducks, and pretending we could fly. This childhood innocence surge through us like a gift bestowed on us. Music played on a speaker and we danced allowing time to take a break and just enjoy the moment. My hair collected the sweat that fell down my face but I had the hugest smile.