27

Y/n woke up when she heard the door clicked open. Ran's presence wasn't there. Instead, it was Akira and Karu who next filled in the room, along with Semyon following after them.

Karu shivered before putting the breakfast takeout at the nightstand. "Breakfast is . . . served."

She squinted her eyes when she noticed their hair. Disheveled and they looked like they were in Fast and Furious.

"It's already eleven. How is this still breakfast?" Y/n yawned as she glanced over the wall clock, not questioning where Ran went since he'll sure come back anyways.

"It's breakfast when I say that it's breakfast. Now eat up or I'll choke you with a spoonful of Rice." Karu hissed, assisting Y/n with eating by raising a spoonful of Rice over her closed mouth. He looked like he's gone through shits and just didn't give a fuck about anything anymore.

Y/n glanced at the spoon and to Karu. She slowly opened her mouth to accept the spoonful as she munched the rice before getting fed by another spoonful of the main dish again.

"What happened?" She asked after gulping the first serve of the meal. She was really intrigued by what happened to the both.

They were late, looked like they just joined in a race with how messy their hair was and both had the phase of being hunted by their enemies.

Akira sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. Releasing out the frustration. "We got chased on our way here. Nevermind the detai—"

"Mind the details. Spill the tea." Semyon interjected, munching on his own share of the meal. Rude as it was considered but he pointed his chopsticks at her with serious eyes.

The other just glared and began storytelling. "As I said, we got chased by some fast sneering predators—"

Semyon raised a brow, chuckling a little. "Don't tell me you got chased by a bunch of hyena's."

"Seriously? "We just got chased by some mens and then comes in the fast and furious showdown". Then comes in the exploding effects! Boom! Bshh!" Y/n added, doing some flickering with her fingers like fireworks to support her 'exploding effects' line.

"Good deduction." Karu stated, raising another spoonful at Y/n. He was still full because of the coffee that he had but that did not mean that he wasn't tired. His eyebags define it all.

"That's just plain common sense." Semyon argued. His other cheek was puffed with the food stuck inside it.

"Someone in your caliber won't get that joke." Akira sighed, rubbing her temple while she leaned down at the wall.

"No, someone in my caliber would surely get what I mean." The other continued, glaring at her half-heartedly.

Karu abruptly dropped the spoon down at the floor and everyone went silent. Mister secretary is angry.

No one dared spoke a word until Karu himself was the first one to initiate a sentence.

"Sorry. The spoon slipped from my hand." He said but everyone could tell that it was forced and the irritation in his tone showed clearly even with the formalities.

Y/n wanted to speak but another abrupt move from Karu standing up like he was in a rush made her mute and pause to look at him with furrowed brows. The three watched as Karu left the room, probably to get another spoon from the hospital cafeteria but the loud slam from the door gave it all.