17

"What's in the box, Akira~" Y/n chimed with her sing sang voice as she followed Akira who walked towards the countertop with the box in her hands.

Karu was out for brunch with his schoolmates. Also said that they have a group project to finish by the day. It wasn't convincing a tad but they still permitted him to go out while they watch over the café. He also needs a break too– eventually.

Akira unveiled the box and Y/n's smile slowly faded once she discovered what was hidden inside the small cube.

"A revolver?" She rubbed her eyes to confirm that the thing stuffed inside the box was a gun. Her mind, still processing the information being caught on. "Wait— what?!"

Y/n could've caught unwanted attention if it weren't for Akira who shushed her by placing a hand on the young L/n's mouth. She muffled his shrieks with it for a moment; waiting for Y/n to calm down so she could explain everything.

"Let's head to the storage room. Let Ran watch over the café, he should consider since it's you after all." Akira closed the box and proceeded to the storage room while Y/n's eyes were searching for a tall figured silhouette inside the café.

'where could Ran be?' she looked over table five but there was no sign of Ran there and she was starting to get weary about it. Ran was inside just before she found out about the revolver but where could he be now? Don't tell her that he ditched his work?

"Excuse me, miss?" Due to how distracted she was. She didn't notice a costumer waiving his hand over her face to check if she was still there.

"O- . . .oh! Sorry, I got distracted a bit there." She apologized and smiled as a part of her apology to the costumer infront of her.

The costumer sighed before he averted his eyes at the menu above. "Okay? Well, I'll be trying one slice of that quiche and chess pie, please."

'He likes chess pie too? Nice!' Y/n jotted that down and smiled to herself when she conjured up a plan on her head. Akira can wait for her since the costumer is always first when it comes to business. Let be Ran useless for her.

She calculated the cost of the two slices of pies and the total dinged upon the cashier check. The guy took out the cash that he needed to pay out but he stopped midway when his eyes found Y/n's oblivious ones that stayed wide and nonchalant. Her hand was getting heavy waiting for him to hand his payment to her.

The guy's lips broke it into a wide grin and he seemed to lighten up once he recognized her. "Wait, Y/n? Is that really you?!"

Y/n stayed silent for a second; pondering if she should respond back since she wasn't sure if she really knew who the guy was but figured that it may be rude to embarrass him infront of the others with her not answering his greeting at her. She mustered up half of her courage to smile at her but not with the same intensity.

"I believe you are correct, Sir! My name is indeed Y/n . . . L/n Y/n if you may! If I'm allowed to ask, have we– um, met before?" she have him an apologetic grin when the guy's smile subsided from his face after hearing that she didn't recognize who he was.

The guy let out a disbelief laugh at her. "Hah! Um– I meant– it's me, Kaiwon, don't you remember me?"

The name did ring a bell to Y/n but she couldn't come up with a person she met on her past that had the same face as his. She vaguely recalled someone named the same as the guy right before her who looked panicked to the core.

"I have to be honest to you, Sir but yes. I do not recall meeting you somewhere else than here. I believe this is our first meeting." Y/n praised herself to the highest mountains by how she answered him. Polite but at the same time, indirectly rude– secretly embarassing him. Wink wink.