ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

𝔎𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔞'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

𝔎𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔞'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

      "What classes are on your schedule?" Rhysand asks me. I reach into my Slytherin robe pocket and pull out the piece of parchment Dumbledore handed me this morning when I was on my way to breakfast. "Defense against the dark arts, ancient studies, history of magic, alchemy, ancient runes, divination, and potions," I answer.

      He nods. "Which is your first class?"

      "Ancient studies," I tell him.

      "My first class is close to yours. Walk you there?" he asks. I nod. I grab my book for my first class and head out of my shared dorm with Rhysand at my side. Together, we make our way down the hallways and down the stone staircase that leads to the Slytherin common room. Once there, we head out of our house and through the dungeons until we get to a staircase that leads to the first floor.

      "Anything?" Rhysand asks me, referring to my powers. I turned seventeen about two weeks ago, and I've noticed no changes in myself or my powers.

      According to what I was told by the Grand Magus, I should be a walking bomb by now, powers ready to burst free and kill everyone within range.

      But she was planning to sacrifice me on an altar, so I've learned to take her sayings with a grain of salt.

      I shake my head. "Still the same, although I hope to have some more control over the astral projection after tonight. I'm meeting with Tom."

      Rhysand nods, trying to seem unaffected by my response, but I see the tick in his jaw when he looks away from me.

      "Would you like to come with?" I ask, hoping that Rhysand will say yes so he will know that nothing is going to happen between Tom and I tonight.

      Rhysand glances at me before shaking his head. "I'm training with Walburga tonight."

      My brows raise. "Really?

      He nods. "She's good with weapons. She's good at fighting with weapons, and I'm not. I figured it would be better to learn new, important skills before perfecting the others."

      I nod. "I guess. I've never seen her with weapons, so let me know how good she is," I request, and he nods.

      When we take the grand staircase to the sixth floor, we make our way to the ancient studies classroom. When we get to the open door, I turn around and smile at Rhysand. "Thanks for walking me. See you at lunch?"

      "See you at lunch," he says before parting with a smile.

      I watch Rhysand as he walks away. Only when he walks into his classroom do I avert my gaze and turn around.