ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔦𝔵

𝔗𝔬𝔪'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

𝔗𝔬𝔪'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

I watch her as she sleeps soundly with her hand rested on my chest. Her ash locks fall messily over her face as she sleeps, contrasting wildly with her porcelain skin. Her mouth is parted slightly, and her chest rises and falls against my own as she breathes steady breaths in her peaceful sleep.

I had looked at her before and saw the uniqueness of her features, but I had never truly allowed myself to see her beauty. When I looked at women, I never notice beauty. It was not a thing that interested me or caught my eye.

Until her.

She looks angelic as she sleeps on my chest. From her pale skin that contrasts so wildly with her nearly black hair to the dark lashes that cover her reservoirs of emerald green. From the way her eyes shined with happiness and lust when we were entwined together thirty minutes ago to the way her eyes turn white when her power comes to the surface.

Completely and utterly angelic.

My jaw clenches in anger as I look at her. Anger for both her and myself—anger that I allowed myself to succumb to such weakness that she instills in my body and mind. Anger that she weaseled her way into my heart and mind enough to make me make grave mistakes like the one I made thirty minutes ago.

I had intended to speak to her and stay with her for a few hours until the girl's body was found, yes, but I had not in any way, shape, or form intended to make love to her. That wasn't even a thought that crossed my mind. But when she told me the darkest part of her past, I was overcome by this awful need to assure her that I did not see her differently. I kissed her, and it just kept going further.

I have always been above mortal desires. The desire for love. Need. Want. Sex. I have been above it all since childhood. Those things have never even crossed my mind until she came waltzing into my life.

Just looking at her resting on my naked chest makes razor-winged butterflies appear in my stomach and causes my heart to race. Feeling her touch on my skin causes it to burn without pain.