ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔬𝔫𝔢

Let You Scream—St

Let You Scream—St. Loreto
𝔎𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔞'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

      "Chicken noodle soup," I smile, walking into Rhysand's room. Rhysand groans when he sees it. "Not this again." He turns over in bed and buries his face in the pillow. Rolling my eyes, I close the door behind me and place the bowl of soup on the desk next to his bed. "You need to eat it." I went through a lot of trouble getting the madam of the orphanage to get the soup for Rhysand. He's been sick for three days. He's getting better, but he still feels like shit.

      "I hate that stuff," he whines into the pillow. I glare at his whining figure. "I will spoon-feed this to you if I have to. Don't test me." He raises his head so he can glare at me but gets up so he can reach for the soup. "This tastes like horse piss," he mumbles, moving the spoon around in the bowl. My brow raises. "Have a lot of experience with that, do you?" He glares at me again and makes a face of mockery. "You're so funny. You should be a comedian," he snarls, sipping the soup. I smile at his words. "I know."

      "Are you going today?" he asks. I shake my head. "You're sick and I don't want to go alone." Today, the workers at the orphanage are taking the children out to a beach nearby before school starts in a few weeks. It's the only time these kids get to leave the orphanage.

      "You should go," he tells me. I shake my head. "Not if you aren't going." I would only go if Rhysand could, but he is sick with a cold right now, and the only other person I know is Tom Riddle, and I cannot be around him.

      I slipped up ten days ago. I slept with Tom Riddle and then fell asleep in the music room with him behind me on the sofa. I want to tell myself that I was still high when it happened, but that isn't true. I was sober, and I have no excuse for what happened.

      Luckily, Rhysand didn't see me with Tom Riddle when the tree was finally moved away from the staircase, but I promised him that it wouldn't happen again. I fucking promised him, and I broke that promise. And I hate myself for it.

      But every time I see Tom Riddle, my heart beats faster. I rarely remember my promise to Rhysand when I'm around him, and when I do, Tom Riddle makes me want to break it. He makes me break it. And I hate him for it.