ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

𝕶𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖆'𝖘 𝖕𝖔𝖛

𝕶𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖆'𝖘 𝖕𝖔𝖛

      "I have a mission for the two of you," Tom Riddle says, and I straighten, glancing at Rhysand. "What is it?" I ask, quieter and weaker than I would have liked. He glances at a curly-haired boy sitting on one of the couches, and my gaze follows his own. The curly-haired boy holds a glass of whiskey in his hands that he sips every few seconds.

      Why is one of them always drinking?

      "Hogwarts' students have two weeks off for Christmas break. We are all going to the Rosier estate. The two of you will accompany us," he informs Rhysand and I. He goes to say something else, but I cut him off. "Absolutely not," I snarl, and his mouth closes. "We can't leave the school, and you of all people know why," I remind, taking a step closer to him.

      "Your presence will be cloaked the entire trip there. His estate is located only a few kilometers outside of Hogsmeade, so it isn't far. The estate is also warded by his entire family. The wards are more powerful than the wards that cloak Hogwarts. You will be safe," he assures.

      "And I should believe a word you say, why exactly?" I ask, taking another step forward. I won't put Rhysand and myself at risk to satisfy the ego of Tom Riddle. "We both know I cannot put the two of you in serious danger. It's part of the vow," he answers, and my teeth clamp down on each other, the muscles in my jaw ticking.

      He smiles when he sees that my mouth is staying closed. "We will leave on Christmas eve before the annual Yule ball commences at Hogwarts. We leave the wards of Hogwarts and apparate to the Rosier estate."

      "We can't apparate," I interject. I don't trust that his estate is warded. Not enough to risk apparating. "Only those with permission can apparate to the Rosier estate. You will be fine," Tom assures. I shake my head. "I won't take the risk. Two of you will have to let us apparate with you."

      The other people in the room give strange looks to each other, wondering why we can't apparate, but they don't say anything.

      "That can be arranged," he agrees.

      The curly-haired boy gets up from his couch when Tom Riddle looks at him and walks over to Tom Riddle's side. "This is Laurent. Laurent Rosier. He will inform the two of you of your mission tomorrow during lunch in the Hogwarts' library." The curly-haired boy smiles at the two of us, and my eyes narrow. These people don't smile. Not unless it has malice hidden behind it. But his smile is different.

      Interesting...

      "It's your estate then?" I ask. He nods. "Mine and my sister's," he confirms in a thick French accent. He looks over to the couch he was sitting on just a moment ago. The woman with dark brown hair and pale skin smiles at her brother. "Twins?" I ask, raising a brow. "Yes," he answers. Something tells me he is the younger twin.