ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔦𝔵

𝔗𝔬𝔪'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

𝔗𝔬𝔪'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

"Locomotor," I say, my wand pointing at the boggart. I move the dark creature directly in front of Kritana, her eyes widening into saucers when she sees the figure in front of her. The boggart shifts from the cloaked figure in a tutu to what looks to be a live-action play or some type of vision. When I look closer at the boggart, I see Kritana laying naked on a wooden table, strapped down with chains, and with runes written in blood covering her pale body. Her eyes are wide and stricken with fear. When my eyes travel to the left, I see Rhysand screaming next to her from unimaginable pain, no doubt from a curse. The cruciatus curse perhaps. I also see a dark-haired woman with glowing white eyes holding an oddly familiar dagger in the air, both hands wrapped around the hilt. The strapped-down Kritana lets out a blood-curdling scream just before the woman with the dagger plunges it into her heart.

Though I want to see more of what her fear is, my attention is drawn away from the scene before me when I hear a loud thud. I turn my head and see Kritana on the ground, her hair falling over her pale face, and her eyes closed.

She's unconscious.

That scared her so much that she fainted? That is not normal. Not even first years. Nobody faints because of a boggart unless their boggart is Grindelwald. Even then, most people don't faint. I have only heard of one person fainting because of a boggart in my five years at Hogwarts, and it was a first year.

"Someone take her to the hospital wing!" Professor Merrythought orders. I walk over to Kritana and pick her up with ease. I haul her into my arms, her light weight making it easy. "I'll take her." I leave the classroom before she can protest or tell me to do anything. Multiple students follow me out of the classroom, so I turn around, snarling at them. "Get back to class or you will all get a month's detention." They quickly scurry back into the classroom like the little rodents they are.

Merlin, I hate children.

Looking down at Kritana, my eyebrows furrow at what exactly it was that I saw. She was being killed, yes, but I don't understand how being killed could make someone faint when they know it isn't real. I can understand the mortal fear of death as most weak mortals are afraid of their inevitable end, but I don't understand why seeing what she saw affected her so much.