ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔶

Song linked above is the song Tom plays later in the chapter

𝔎𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔞'𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔳

"Remember when you said that I should find something for us to do?" Rhysand asks, a mischievous smirk on his face. My eyes narrow at his smirk. I don't know what he has up his sleeve, and I'm afraid to find out, but slowly, I nod. His smirk widens as he pulls out a little bag filled with a strange, green substance. It looks like grass that is stuck together. "What is that?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowed.

"It's a muggle herb that can make one feel... different," he answers. My eyes narrow even more at his vague answer. "What do you mean by different?"

"You'll see," he smirks. He moves to the edge of the rooftop and takes a seat on the ledge, his feet dangling off the roof.

"If you think I'm going to eat that and get poisoned—"

"You don't eat it," he laughs, taking some of the green plant out of the bag. He grabs what looks like a cigar from his pocket before poking out all of the tobacco, letting the brown substance fall to the ground below us. "What are you doing?" I ask, my eyebrows drawn together in confusion. Why would he buy a cigar if he wasn't going to smoke it?

"You don't eat it, Kritana," he tells me, repeating what he has already said. "You smoke it." He sprinkles the green substance onto the brown wrapping that was holding the tobacco together a moment ago.

"If you think I'm going to smoke something so dangerous—"

"It's not dangerous," he assures, cutting me off. "And it's not addictive unless you smoke it every day. You'll be fine."

"How do you know?" I ask. The last thing I need is to die because I smoked a poisonous plant that Rhysand found in a bush.