|1|

A t s u m u

     "TRY HARDER ATSUMU!" The gym teacher shouts, grabbing my attention as I look over at him.

     "Want me to try harder? THEN I'LL GIVE YOU HARDER!!" I shout through mind link, snarling loudly before lunging forward and gripping Akaashi by the scruff, and tossing him back first into the wall. Huffing, smoke rises from my nostrils.

     Akaashi whimpers, struggling to get up.

     "Get up Akaashi or else he's going to kill you." The teacher warns as I near with head lowered, teeth bared, and ears pinned back. Pointing my snout down, I ram into the black wolf, my horns piercing through his body.

     Lifting my head up, I stand on my hind legs and dive down. Blood runs down my horns as Akaashi yelps loudly, causing alarm for Bokuto as he's held back by other students.

     "THIS IS HARDLY FAIR! ATSUMU IS A FUCKING DRAGON WEREWOLF HYBRID AND AKAASHI IS A REGULAR WEREWOLF!!" Bokuto shouts, trying to rip himself free. The teacher merely looks at him as I end Akaashi's life quickly to save him from suffering.

     Using my right front paw, I push him off of my horns and look at the teacher with deadly intent before shifting and walking off. (Clothes are still intact. I don't do that naked shit.)

     Mila, the elf, rushes over to Akaashi's black wolf and lets her hand hover above his body. Flowers sprout around his body, a beautiful green cloud of smoke surrounding him as he is revived.

     Shifting, he breathes heavily, quickly falling into a panic attack. Only then Bokuto breaks free and runs over to him.

     "You'll fucking pay for this Atsumu Miya." Bokuto spits out. At this, I whip around and stare blankly at the two.

     "Do you really think the teacher was going to let him go if I didn't kill him?" I ask. Getting no response, I scoff and cross my arms. "Akaashi is my friend, I'd never hurt him on purpose." I deadpan, turning around and walking toward the bench, and sitting down.

     Apparently, the reviving process is pretty scary. I personally haven't had to be revived because, next to my brother, I'm the most powerful creature here.

     As Bokuto mentioned, I'm a dragon werewolf hybrid. My brother is one as well, and we're both equally strong, meaning that when we get into full-blown fights, neither one of us gets killed.

     Killing is allowed during practices like this. Only because we have healing elves on hand. But honestly I-

     "WE NEED TO EVACUATE! THE KITCHEN EXPLODED AND THE FLAMES ARE QUICKLY SPREADING!" Someone screams, running out of the school with a bunch of others following.

     Shooting up, I run over to Akaashi and Bokuto. "Keep your hands off of him!" Bokuto spits out, causing me to let out an irritated growl.

     "Bo... You can't carry me by yourself..." Akaashi mumbles as his boyfriend debates the situation before looking up at me and nodding. "I forgive you Atsumu... I know that he wouldn't have let me go without you killing me.. Just maybe go a little easier next time... I really hurt when your horns pierced through my body."

     "...I'll try. But you know him. He's brutal." I say softly, picking up the pace a little as Mila rushes up beside us.

     "I overheard that the fire was started on purpose by some kid who wanted to commit suicide. He went up in flames.." She mumbles, her wavy brown hair flowing with the wind.

     "Jesus. What is with people and wanting to commit suicide?" I ask, finally making it to the safe point and setting Akaashi down. He, Bokuto, and Mila look at me with debating looks on their faces.

     "If your life wasn't so perfect and you were plain like me, you'd want to kill yourself too," Akaashi mutters, looking away.

     That was so depressing.

     "'Tsumu!" My brother shouts from behind me, grabbing my attention as I turn around and watch him and Suna approach. "Are you oka-" Before he can finish, the school explodes, catching all of us off guard.

     "There were still people in there..." Suna states bluntly, staring blankly at the building. Only a fool would think he doesn't feel sad for them. But he does.

     "Such a shame." At this, Osamu scoffs.

     "You show no pity for anyone you selfish and petty brat." He spits out, slapping me upside the head.

     "Osamu, he isn't all that selfish. He's just selfish about the people he doesn't care about. If our friends were in there, he'd be crying and you know it." Suna states as my brother rolls his eyes and nods.

     "You're right. Sorry, Atsumu." He says.

     "It's alright. I'm used to that kind of judgment." I say, surprising them, Akaashi, Bokuto, and Mila. "Chill..." I mumble, walking away to lean against the trunk of a tree and closing my eyes.

     Now we're going to have to be moved to different schools. Hopefully, my friends and I will be going to the same one.

    Watching flames engulf the building, my heart cracks just a little bit.

-

     "Ugh, my head," I whine, dropping my backpack on the sectional couch before plopping myself down. Osamu and Suna sit on the other sectional couch across from me and the coffee table as my mother steps into the room with drinks in hand.

     "How are you boys feeling?" She asks, setting the drinks down on the table. I take one and quickly take a drink of the lemonade before speaking.

     "A little distraught. Well, they are, I'm just a tad bit irritated by what happened. Someone said that the fire was started by someone who wanted to commit suicide but ended up taking 30 innocent lives with them." I say.

     "Goodness... How are you two feeling about it?" She asks my brother and his boyfriend Suna.

     "Like Atsumu said, distraught. The whole school went up in flames, which means... we have to go to another school. But where's dad?" Osamu asks curiously, looking around for any sign of our dad being around.

     "He's at work, overworking himself as per usual. Atsumu, I have to ask you a favor..." Our mother mumbles, looking at me with her hands clasped together and long brown hair falling off her shoulders.

     "Anything."

     "Can you go over to the police station and talk to your dad about overworking..? He won't listen to me or Osamu. You've always been his favorite, probably because you take after him and have his personality. Both of you are selfish towards people you don't know and don't care about, but selfless about the people you do care about."

    "I can try..." I mutter, looking away and out the window.

     "Thank you, sweetie." She says, kissing me on the forehead before walking away. I squint my eyes in embarrassment as Suna and Osamu try to contain their laughter.

     "Osamu, she kisses you on the forehead too. Don't go laughing at my misfortune when you experience the same thing." I spit out. My brother immediately shuts up, which only causes Suna to burst out laughing.

     "Can it Suna." We both demand in unison, the fox-like brunette zipping his mouth shut and chuckling.

     I roll my eyes before looking out the window. Guess I'm seeing dad tomorrow after school...