"Okay, whatever," I said, and I could feel the prick of tears in my eyes. I was embarrassed that I was crying, which only made the tears well up faster. "I have to go. Fuck you. And stop calling me that. Don't call me anything, do not interact with me or talk about me anymore." And then I hung up. My phone buzzed almost immediately, and I opened the Discord message.

Dream-

fuck you too

but for real, squid, i am sorry

i was being too mean

Sydney-

whatever, but thanks, i guess

and don't fucking call me that!

A bubble popped up on his side, indicating that he was still typing, but went away quickly. I was grateful, to be honest, I didn't really want to continue that conversation, or have really any conversation at all with him. He was such a smug little prick and I couldn't understand how he had gotten so popular. He was inarguably amazing at Minecraft, which obviously accounted for some of the buzz, but he was unbearable in every other capacity. I clearly had not gotten rid of him entirely though, and my phone buzzed again.

Dream-

george likes your little friend catherine

maybe we'll come on down to nola and visit

Sydney-

sucks to suck for george then bc she hates him, tell him to stay away from her

... and don't come here ever, you're not invited

Dream-

oh come on, you guys don't even really hate george or sap, you hate me.

again, i'm sorry, but only for the lisp joke.

can i make fun of your accent or is that a no-go?

Sydney-

wow maybe you are smarter than i thought !

i don't have an accent

Dream-

sap thinks mina is hot

lmao yes you do

Sydney-

yeah bc she is? but he's SOL too. we don't like any of you. actually, i can tolerate george.

and just an FYI, girls hate it when you message them to talk about how hot their friends are... maybe that's why you can't get laid :]

and no i don't

Dream-