" What ? What is it ?" She said moving across the room. Bihari knew it must have not been that bad a wound. A deep cut maybe. But for his bahu raniji.
He knew what it meant for a woman the safety of her husband. What seemed like a wound to others eyes must look like a stab to her.
The blood did give the room an off look but it must feel like a gruesome amount in her eyes.

" BHARI BABU...!!!" She yelled as she saw those five to ten more tiny drops on the floor. He wasn't going to say it was a deal alright that Malik was hurt enough to bleed this much but not a big deal enough that her face had turned the colour of a paper.
He was not going to say anything to her. He would listen to whatever she threw.

" Not big of a wound...??!!!! Look at that...??!!!!" She pointed one angry hand to the floor. " My...my Pati Babu is hurt." The drops of tears she shed were bigger than what was on the floor.
It could warm anyone's heart's, even a servant like Bihari, to see a small girl shed tears for the safety of her husband. There was love between every couple but everyone could see they were something different altogether.

Bondita clutched the box to her. " Clean it up Bhari babu... I can't look at it."

" Ji Malikin."

" Are you...are you sure he was not bleeding just now...?" She asked trying to control her sobs.

" I am sure."

" Bahu...!!"

It was her Kaka sasurji.

" It is time for aarti. Where are you ?!"

Yes. She was so shocked that she almost forgot about it. She quickly went downstairs. Not for the aarti itself but her Pati Babu who she was sure would be standing there in the mandir.

He was not.

" Pati Babu...?"

" He was here a few moments ago. But he just went to his study in a hurry. Must be some work."

" Was...he ok...?"

Trilochan looked at her confused. " Why would he not be ?"

She didn't reply.

" Let's start the puja Bahu." He folded his hands.

Bondita could not concentrate. She was praying but it was different today. Her lips sang the aarti but her heart was praying for her Pati Babu.

It was time for her to get ready for school. And for him to go to office. She knew they didn't have any time left to talk. Just for breakfast and then they would be leaving. She ran towards the kitchen to get his coffee. Setting his breakfast and the cup on a tray she moved to his study. She knew he must have not slept well. And he probably won't be joining the table for breakfast.
He was a baby in so many ways. Good. It gave her very small chances to do something for him. Every other time was spent by him caring for her. These small things made her feel she too was doing her part. She couldn't do what he did, he was an adult, she was just a child.

She entered his study but alas it was empty.

Where was he...?

" Dada left a few minutes ago." Som Dada said noticing the tray in her hand.

" You look worried Boudi."

" No. No. It's nothing. I should go get ready before Batuk finishes his breakfast."

" Yes. And make him wait till you finish yours." He said with a grin. Batuk didn't like waiting.

" Of course..." She tried to return the humour but it didn't quite reach her eyes.