Diary: Chapter 50*** Before birth!!!

It was a Monday morning, going to be 9 AM but I was in no mood of attending the class and was still in bed.

Maid had come and knocked on the door but I did not want to see the face of any other human, so didn't respond. She thought that I am not in and went back after knocking for a few minutes.

I had spent my Sunday drinking and smoking.

Lack of food and consumption of alcohol is not the best combination I was realising that on Monday morning but was feeling no strength to get out of bed.

It is not that I was sad about Pallavi's engagement, it is just that I felt like a fool. I was kept in dark that too by Pallavi.

I hate girls, hate hate hate them. All girls are the same, selfish. That's why there are so many "I hate girls" groups on Facebook...

Get lost everyone, I don't want anyone, anything! - I mumbled aloud.

My phone rang and flashed the name of  Joy and I ignored the call. But that was followed by a series of messages from friends -

Bro, not coming to the class?

Yo, hungover aaa?

Where the F are you? Am giving a proxy for Shobhit, can't do it for you.

I switched off the phone and pulled the blanket over my face. But my relief was short-lived, the door was knocked again.

This time I jumped out of the bed, looked for empty alcohol bottles to hide, sprayed room freshener, and popped a couple of mint gums in my mouth before opening the door.

Pallavi barged in as usual without even looking at my face.

She kept the tiffin box on the dining table and moved to slide open the terrace door wide open.

She looked at the plants she planted and gasped sadly - "oh no, plants dried". She was angry with me for not watering the plants but didn't say anything in words.

Her face had an expression of anger and disgust. She knew what I was up to.

"Come and have breakfast first..." - she said

I followed her like a disciple. She served 2 parathas on my plate and 1 for herself. I realized that she had the ring now placed on the ring finger of her left hand. I thought about asking her about that but then decided against it.

We ate in silence.

Once we were done eating, she took her phone out of her bag, and finally replied to the unstoppable sms which kept beeping.

"Abhi?" - I asked

Yea.. she said,

"why didn't you tell me that you were having a serious guy in your life?" - I finally asked

"I kind of did..." - She said very softly.

"No, you didn't... "- I Replied strongly

She didn't respond, just stared blankly at the table.

"& When did you actually get engaged?: - I asked again

"Before I was even born" - she said meekly.