Diary : Chap 2*** And The story Begins

As I stepped into my hostel room, I found my roommate already there, engrossed in textbooks.

"Hi! I am Aviral, your new roommate." - I said while offering a handshake, trying to be charming.

"Joydeep, first-semester Computer Science..." He said,visibly disappointed to get a roommate.

Joydeep had extra flab over his tummy and glasses of high power over his eyes. His disinterest in talking to me was almost impossible to ignore.

"Cool! I'll join CS as well, starting tomorrow."- I replied. Joydeep faked a smile and buried his head in the books.

"So, how is everything? Oh, they have already started teaching in class? I have missed only a couple of classes, I guess. Have they covered a lot of portion?" -I continued the conversation while staring at his heavily marked textbook.

Joydeep closed his books at once and said "Don't you have to unpack or something?"

His voice had a warning tone that made me uncomfortable.

"Yeah sure, Nerd!!!" I muttered under my breath.

I am the only child of my parents and am not used to sharing my room. Though I had prepared my mindset for a roommate, but being stuck with a weirdo was something I never expected.

I had just started unpacking when some freshers flocked to the room, asking me routine questions with one very serious agenda -

"Did you bring anything to eat?"

I had some snacks in my backpack, which were consumed by those beasts within seconds.I thought of offering some to Joydeep but he had sneaked out of the room with his books.

"What's the deal with this guy?" ~ I asked them.

"Ignore!" - They all echoed while munching on the snacks.

I spent the whole day talking to other freshers in the hostel. There were intros, handshakes, discussions, and preaching everywhere. Students from all over India were there.

It was funny to hear Bengali songs in one room and Tamil from the next door. Guys of different cultures, colors, and creeds, trying to get closer, breaking the language barrier. As if God had picked flowers of different colors and styles & placed them in the same vase. As I mugged up their names, time escaped quietly.

Bangalore's climate is the first thing you notice on your first visit and makes you fall in love with the city even more. Our college campus was really beautiful and hostel was on the campus itself. I had already fallen in love with the place.

I opened the heavy iron door frame of our room's window with a bit of effort. The sun was setting and the sky turned vermilion.It was bliss to stare out the window. As I was lost in deep thoughts, Joydeep's voice interrupted me - "Are you missing home?" I hadn't noticed him in the room until he spoke.

A smile ran through my lips and I replied - "No... It's a lovely place and I am looking forward to tomorrow's class."

"Oh! Tomorrow is your first class right? Don't you want to visit a temple?" Joydeep asked.

"What temple???" I asked with a confused look.

"Yes! You should pray before attending the first class." Joydeep replied

"Nah! Thanks, I am OK!" - I replied as temples were last on my list to explore in Bangalore.

"Whatever! Your wish! Anyway, I have initiated the temple plan. So, I have to visit the temple now or God may get angry!" - Joydeep replied with little irritation.