Chapter 17

My mother's news consumed my thoughts. It was like a plague that would never go away! I even took it out on everyone.

In creative writting a girl who sat near me asked if she could swap stories with me. 

" Why are you gonna steal it???"

The same thing happened in Bio. My table mate wanted to borrow a blood slide and I freaked out on him. 

Thank God I only have band left!

When I was putting my baby together I noticed that the cork on my mouthpiece was peeling off. 

I raised my hand.

" Uh Professor Maddox?"

" What is it Gia."

He's been a real ass to me since I left him on Monday. If anything I should be the one who is a complete bitch to him. But for some odd reason I'm not.

" My cork on my mouth piece is wearing off."

" Let me see it." He held out his palm and made a gesture. Screw that I'm not giving it to him.

I shock my head.

" Gia," he said impaitently," Let me see."

" Why? Are you gonna steal it and not give it back!"

He tried grabbing for it but I jerked away.

" Do you even relize how rideculous you are being! Just give it to me!"

I'm being ridiculous! Well I'm sorry that my family went though a lot of shit and that I just want to make sure I have all of my belongings! 

" Make a choice Gia," he warned, " Either give it to me so I can look at it or don't. Its your choice."

" I'm not giving it to you," I stated matter of factly.

"Fine then be that way."

"Fine!" Jackass! 

"Stubborn psyco," he muttered.

I must not of the only one who heard that because there was gasps coming all over from the front row.

" Hey Professor Maddox," I hollered, " Call me that one more time and my barrell will be chucked at your face!"

The whole room was stund. Instruements cost a shit ton of money and I don't know what the damamge would be if I damamged my barrell.

" Your bluffing. No one would be that stupid.."

" Only if your a psyco," pretty girl next to me snoted ( who I found out was named Cecily)

That bitch was just asking for it!

True to my word I hurled it at her like I would a football! It jabbed her smack dabbed in the right eye!

" Owwwww," she balled, " My contacts! It hurts! It hurts so bad! I think it went up into my lid! Get it out! Get it out Nowwwwww!"

"Calm down," Lucia smoothered, " I'll take you to the bathroom."

She grabed her friend by the arm and escorted her to the bathroom. 

" Can I go to," I numbly mummbled. 

"No. In fact take your clarinet appart and meet me in my office. We are gonna talk. And as for the rest of you! Pratice your parts until I get back."

He fled in a hurry slamming the door behind him.

"OOO," my peers teased, " Someone is in trouble."

I faced each one of them and lifted my barrel high.

" I am not affarid to use this..." 

( random instruments playing at the same time)

" Thats right," I proclaimed, " Don't every mess with me again or I'll...."

'JORISEEN! GET A MOVE ON!"

Smack!

*****

"Miss Joriseen," the professor began the moment I entered his office, " This is the second time you've been in here and it hasn't even been a full month yet. What do you have to say for yourself?"

" Nothing. That high matience brat knew what was coming yet she still decided to be a dumb blonde!"

" Miss Joriseen," He tried again, " You can make fun of me all you want because frankly I'm suppose to treat you like an adult..... But when you harm another student I have zero tollerace for that! You crossed the line! Now what do you have to say for youself."

Does he think this whole lecture is going to change me mind because its not.

" Not an I'm sorry."

" Gia," he flustered, " What am I going to do with you!" 

He's treating me like I'm a child! I hate it! I can't stand him or this class much longer! 

" Not a damn thing! I'm out of here!" 

I spun on my heel and made a dash for the door. Professor Maddox beat me to it, closing in in my face so I can't leave.

" What are you doing," I shriecked.

" Something I've been wanting to do since Monday."

His mouth crashed down onto mind but I shoved him away.

" Are you mad! You think you can kiss me in your office! Espically after what you said to me!"

My mom's indenty being stole might of been on my mind constanly but don't think for a second that that just erased what happened on Monday. Because it didnt.

" You still remember that...."

" Of course I still remember it! Your the reason I didn't get a scholorship! Well it doesn't matter anyways! I have to leave at the end of the semester anyways!" I knew I was rambling. Maybe tell him as much as I did was a bad idea but I couldn't stop for some reason. 

Panic feared into his lushious wiskey eyes. " Your leaving..."

I nodded. I don't get why it matter to him. If anything, he should be glad I'm out of his hair.

" Can...Can... I ask why?"

Call me crazy but why do I get the feeling Professor Maddox is going to have a break down... 

" Its personal reasons," was all I gave him. 

I tried heading for the door but Professor Maddox once agian stopped me. He grabbed onto my arm circling me back until I was pressed up against him.

" Professor...."

He silenced me by pressing his finger to my lips.

" Don't... Just don't..."

He slowly moved his finger away.

" Please," he saddly begged, " Don't... Don't leave. If you need scholorship money I can give it to you no problem."

As nice as that sounded it wouldn't be enough.... The only way it would work is if he would offer me a full ride... And I know that would be to much to ask for. 

I was about to tell him no when the door bursted open. 

Oh. Shit. Please let it be someone who doesnt know my relation to Professor Maddox. The words I heard next almost caused me to piss my pants.

"Phoenix! Its about time son!"

Authors Note: Sorry for the slow update! Thank you for being patient with me! I hope you enjoy it! Love Anna :)