Chapter 13

The very first thing I did Monday moring before my Bilolgy class was talking to my admission counsler. I went to her office but there was a note on her white board.

        Went on a recuting trip. Will be out of town for a few days. Text or call me if you need me.

  You got to be kidding me! I would of just said forget it and waited till she came back but because I was that desperate I pulled my phone out and dialed her number.

        " This is Doris," she answered on the third ring.

        " Doris? Hi this is Gia Joriseen."

        " Gia," she sang happily, " How are you dear?"

        " I'm allright." Not even close to what I am going though. " How about you?"

        " Well I'm on my way to Florida on a recurting trip so can't complain."

        Why didn't you take me with you. You could of packed me in your suitcase! I so would of fit.

        " Thats true," I agreed, " Listen I called becasue I need to talk to you."

        " Go ahead dear."

        " Right.. Well the thing is I wish to drop a class."

        She giggled softly in the background. " Oh Gia dear you can't drop a class now." 

        I thought I heard her right but I asked a second time just to make sure.

        " I said that you can't drop a class dear. You only get three days to drop a class in the first semester and it has allready been a week. I'm sorry."

        No. I refuse to except that answer.

        " No you don't understand I need to drop a class." I empizied the word need so she understood how important it was to me.

        " I'm sorry Gia dear but you can't. Thats just the way it works. And if I said yes- not that I am- but if I did what class would you want to drop."

        " Instrumental music."

        " Oh no," she hushed, " No no you can't drop out deary. If more people drop out the program will get cut."

        Oh no. As much as I hated the professor I didn't want the band program to wither and die. Band was my life. If they cut the program it would be a mistake.

        I let out a soft sigh. " If I do decide to drop out later what is the earliest day I could do it?"

        " After finals."

        Okay finals were december 14th though the 18th so the earliest I could drop was decemeber 19th. Thats not so bad. Its allready steptember 7th. 

        " Ok then."

        " Good is there anything else you need."

        " Nope," I popped the p.

        " Alright. Goodbye Gia dear."

        " Bye."

        I snapped my phone shut and trotted off to my bio class. When I stepped outside the campus was aweful quiet. No one was hustling about, no random chitter chatter, not even the birds were sining there glorious melody. Eveyone must allready be in class I thought.

        I started bolting to the bio building when I bumped into a hard chest.

        " Woah take it easy Gia."