Chapter 9

On the walk to band class I swung my clarinet case back and forth. Give me a guitar and a suticase and I would be just like Maria Von Trap heding to the place that requried her attention. I was just in such a good mood. I was going to see Nickleback! Ah! Nothing was going to destory my perkiness.

Or so I thought.

In case your wondering it wasn't Professor Maddox. He wasn't even in the room yet.

It was Luce and the model chick.

" Well Well Well look who finally showed up."

" Someone was playing hockey!"

I rolled my eyes, " The word is hokey not hockey and I think you need to take a spellnig class instead of band."

' Is that a stupid joke???' Luce was really offened, even though she really didn't have any reasons to be.

" No." I shock my head. " Its just the truth."

l looked away and began to put my baby togther.

G-F-E-D-C-B-A-G

"Nice tone Miss Joriseen. Just what the band was missing! Its good to have you back!"

I didn't even hear Professor Maddox come in. And did he just compliment me?

" Ummm... Thank you?"

He shot me a wink. ' Not a problem. Ok class lets start with the b flat scale whole notes!"

Why would he wink at me? Does he have a split personality. Why is that one mintue hes a complete and total pompus ass and now he's... decent.

" Very nice guys! Ok take out Phantom please. Here you go Miss Joriseen."

He handed my my music. Medoly from the Motion Picture The Phantom of the Opera. The Phantom of the Opera. All I ask of you. Think of me and the Music of the night.

I raised my hand.

" Yes Miss Joriseen," Professor Maddox called on me.

" Um not that I'm complaing but why are we playing such an easy piece?"

This melody is fit for a high school level. I once played a piece in an honorband that had 32 notes and the time signature switched every other messure. I could play Phantom of the opera with my closed thats how easy it was.

" Miss Joriseen," Professor Maddox sighed, " Not everyone here is a music braniac like you. In fact most people here just struggle counting eight notes. So I had to pick easier pieces. If you want a more challanging piece I will assign you one for a solo. But as for now can we get back to rehersal.?"

I am not a music braniac! I just happen to understand it like my heart understands to beat or my lungs to take in oxygen. It just comes so natural.

" Miss Joriseen," Proffessor Maddox said imaptiently.

" Oh sorry."

He lifted his hands up to signal that we were gonna start. He took a breath and the music began.

One measure I came in with my solo. I was doing so well, hitting every note until I came across a B flat that I played as a natural!

Professor Maddox cut us off and looked at me, " What note do you play Miss Joriseen?"

" B flat," I answered automatically.

" Get it right next time!"

We started back at the beginging again only to be stoped because of the same problem.

" B Flat Miss Joriseen! Again!"

Another failure.

" Miss Joriseen do you have to write the note in!!!"

" No I know its a B flat."

He was silent for a moment.

" Miss Jorissen show me how you play a B flat please."

I held up instrument showing him the fingerrings where all my hands were covering key holes.

Afterwards he stalked up to me and said," Give my your clarient."

Hesitantly I handed it to him.

He jerked it out of my arms and used the A key and the resister key.

" B flat Miss Joriseen. You were playing B natural. You know for somene who thinks this is easy you should be able to get this note."

" Well sometimes you forget things Professor Maddox," I reminded him.

He snapped his fingers at me as if I were his own kid getting in trouble. " Lose the attituide Missy! Back at the begining again please."

"Missy...Pst....Missy I have something to tell you.... I love you"

Screw this...

Screech!

"Miss Joriseen where are you going," Professor Maddox asked all confused.

I didn't answer him.

" You better answer my question missy!"

I spun on my hell and marched straight up to his face. When I was a milimetter from his goreously annoying face I rose up on my tipie toes and shouted at him, " Don't you ever call me that again! You have no write to call me that. Only one person can call me miss! ONE PERSON! NO ONE ELSE GOT IT! GOOD!"

I picked up my things and left heading back to my dorm. I could feel the tears fall but I did nothing to stop them.

When I unlocked the door Bryce was not around. It was a good thing, because I need some alone time. To cry. To think. And to remember the one person I always loved but lost at a young age.

Authors Note: Thank you for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it :) Who do you think Gia is talking about? Comment your answers down bellow.

Love,

Anna :)