Epilogue

"Lalalaa.... Uh...who are you?"

"Umm... I am Janet and you?"

"I am Jeremy"

"How old are you?"

"5 and you?"

"I am 6"

"Are you new here?"

"........"

"Are you lost?"

"........"

"Why are you not speaking anything? Oh my my you are too shy... hahahaha"

"Ok let's be friends?"

"Friends?"

"Yes, we will play together."

"Ok"

"Come, let's play hide and seek"

"Ok, then count to ummm....10 and I will hide"

"Okieee"
.
.
.

"Janet I am coming"

"Janet... Janet....

"Janet....

"Janet.... Janet where are you?

"Please come out now. I am scared."

"Ahhhhhhh"

"Janet? What happened I am coming."

"Where are youuuuuuu?"

".... Janet.... Janet...... Janet..." (Crying)

"Hey little boy" (scary voice)

"Wh.. who are you?"

"I am a demon and I killed your friend. Hahahaha"

"Noooooo"

"Nooooo" I abruptly woke up and found myself in the bed, gasping heavily and bathed in sweat.

It's been 4 years since she died but I still can't get out of these nightmares. I got up and slowly walked towards the window and looked at the sky because now it's the only place where I can see her as a dazzling bright light amidst millions of shining lights.

"Janet, I am having those nightmares again. I don't want to see them" I said. I sighed and continue "but don't worry, I am not having these nightmares as frequently as earlier." I said, proudly looking up at the sky.

For two years I am the only one who talks and get silence as a reply because now she has gone forever, forever from this world but not from my heart. It's been two years, I don't see her ghost anymore.

When the last time, I saw her she said, 'Jeremy, you know I can not be with you forever, but I will always watch you and protect you from wherever I will be. I will never say goodbye because I promise that we will definitely be together, maybe in the next life?' It was difficult for me to accept that she cannot be with me for the rest of my life but still, I am trying to be happy. I am trying because I know she will be in a better place now, maybe in heaven. Why not? She didn't commit any sin like not being worthy of heaven.

"I love you, Janet. I will always love you. I will always take care of everyone. I will always take care of myself. You sacrificed your life for me, so I won't let it go in vain. I will live. I will live my life, my new life that you gave me. Thank you, Janet. I owe you" I said and looked at the bracelet wrapped on my wrist. It was a silver bracelet with a small metallic heart attached to it. Only half part of the heart was attached to it and the other half was wrapped on Janet's wrist.

A drop of tear slipped from my eyes and fell on this half-hearted bracelet.

-----------------------The End-------------------------

Hello
How are you all?
So this is the end of my book. My first book. Finally, I can breathe now lol😄 I am sorry that I have to end it like this 🥺

Thank you so much all of you for your votes and comments it means a lot to me.

I know there are many mistakes in this story because I am not good in English 😞 so please forgive me for that. I am really struggling with my English.

Btw, I am thinking to make a sequel 🤔 but I am not sure. What do you think? Should I make a sequel?

Thank you
Stay safe and healthy 💖
Goodbye
Take care.