Chapter 24: Broken

"Jeremy"

I turned and saw....

"Janet" I whispered and inadvertently got a big smile on my lips and I ran to hug her but....

What the hell?

"Janet I can't feel you!" I said getting completely confused, a painful smile appeared on her lips and she said, "you can't, Jeremy"

"What do mean I can't?" I asked getting scared.

I paused for a moment and when I realised what she meant, I got terrified. "Are you...?? No no.... this cannot happen. I am watching a nightmare right? No noooo...." I spoke and started running like a mad person. While running, my foot hit something and I fell on the ground. I got up to see what I hit and I froze when I saw it.

IT WAS HER DEAD BODY.

"I am sorry Jeremy. I am dead." Janet said in a shuddering voice and her voice started reverberating in my ears.

I looked at her and apparently, tears started rolling down my cheeks. I badly wanted someone to wake me up from this horrible nightmare but how? How can one? How can one do when it isn't any nightmare? How can one do it when it is really happening?

Everything stopped and my world collapsed. Completely collapsed.

"Ja..ne..t" I whispered, tears were running down my eyes incessantly.

"Janet y... you are not de... dead. I am dreaming. It's a nightmare, ri.... right?" I said in between my sobs.

"No Jeremy. It's not any nightmare. It's true. I am dead." She said and tears started flowing from her eyes too.

It's not a nightmare Jeremy. Janet stabbed herself. Didn't you see? She killed herself infront of you. You just stood there and did nothing. You are the reason she is dead. It's your fault. She is dead. Janet is dead. Janet is..... different voices started echoing inside my head. I felt pain in my head and I felt like someone is constantly hammering my head. I held my head and began to scratch my hair. "Please stop...stooop.... Stooooooop" I screamed and then everything turned black.

--------------------------------------------------------------
(4 months later)

I opened my eyes and saw the same old white ceiling. I was in my bedroom. I heard the knock on the door and got up from my bed to open the door.

"May I come in Mr Branson?" Mom said jokingly.

I chuckled and said, "yeah"

She sat on the bed and asked, "are you ok?"

"Yeah, mom," I said.

She saw a photograph kept on my bed. She picked that photo and asked, "you are not ok? Are you?"

I didn't say anything and a drop of tear slipped down my cheek.

She gently rubbed my shoulder and said, "Even I miss her. We all miss her. But you should move on now my son. Don't you think she won't be happy if you keep regretting throughout your life?"

"She is right Jeremy."

I heard her voice and looked at her.

"Mom I want to be alone for a few moments," I said politely. She nodded and left the room.

"Janet, why are we like this?" I asked and tried hard to control my tears but my stupid emotions never listen to me.

"This is what our destiny wanted." She said and her tears too started flowing from her eyes.

"No this is all what YOU wanted," I said quite harshly and then definitely regretted and apologised for that. She had already explained me millions of times why she had to end everything like this.

**************Flashback**************

(4 months ago)

.........Janet stabbed herself........ You just stood there and did nothing. You are the reason she is dead.....

Jeremy: "Please stop...stooop... Stooooooop"
.
.
.
(Few hours later)

Mrs Branson: Doctor is he ok?

Doctor: He is physically alright but his mental condition is not good. Did something happen?

Alice: His girlf...his friend died in an accident a few hours back.

Doctor: Oh! This is really sad. Hmm...now I got why he was mumbling 'don't leave me.' Here are the medicines and I suggest you all to keep an eye on him as such patients usually try to hurt themselves or may even try to kill themselves.
.
.
.
(Next day in the night)

Jeremy: Janet, I am coming to you. I am coming. (was about to cut his wrist with a blade but then...)

A voice: Jeremy stop!

Jeremy: Janet! No, you are not here. I am hallucinating.

Janet: No you aren't. I am here but if you are going to hurt yourself I will go back right now. (Said sternly)

Jeremy: No no please don't. Please don't leave me, please.

Janet: I won't but first you throw it away.

(Jeremy threw the blade and started crying then Janet came towards him)

Janet: Hey! Don't cry dear. It's ok. I am here ok? I am here. (Whispered sweetly)

(Jeremy nodded and calmed down after a few minutes)

Jeremy: Why did you leave me, Janet?

Janet: Because this was the only way to save you and kill Cassandra as well.

Jeremy: How?
--------------------------------------------------------------

hello dear readers 👋 how are you all? I hope you all doing great but please don't hate me after reading this chapter 😞. I know this chapter is heart wreaking and believe me, I literally felt too much pain while writing this chapter. Even my hands were shaking while typing Jeremy's pov.

I hope you all will like this chapter as much as you loved my previous chapters 😊

Stay safe and healthy 💖
Thank you.