Chapter 14: I Met Her

"Jeremy!! Jeremy!!" I screamed my heart out but he had already gone. I could not figure out what just happened. I felt like I lost him forever. Guilt was running through my veins that I could not save him.

What was that light? Why did it take him with it?....Is he in trouble? No no no. He needs me. He needs my help. I have to find him. I have to....I was just thinking about the doom that happened, until I got dizzy and everything became dark in front of me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up with a bad headache. I was lying on a couch still struggling to open my eyes. As I opened my eyes I saw it was a living room. It was very much unfamiliar and finally shocked when I realized that I am not in my house.

"What the hell? Where am I?" I whispered.

The entire room was quiet. I got up from the couch and was about to call if someone was here or not but I stopped as I heard a female voice.

"Hello Janet" the whole room echoed with the voice and I turned in the direction of that voice. My eyes got widened when I saw her.

"We have already met." She said.

"Mrs B...Bennett?!" I stuttered.

"Cassandra! You are Cassandra." I said, still in shock.

"Right," she said firmly and came a little closer to me.

To be honest, I was not afraid of her at all. I wanted to rip her head off after what she did to Jeremy and Prof Morgan. God knows how many innocent people she must have killed for this bloody game.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"In my house." She said.

"Why am I here?" I asked. She smiled and did not answer.

I clenched my fist and asked her, gritting my teeth, "where is Jeremy?"

"Seriously! You aren't afraid of me? Oh, you are a witch too." She said with a smirk.

"Where is he? What did you do with him?" I yelled.

"Calm down Janet. I didn't do anything to him. It was his fault, so he is suffering." She said.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"You are not that naive Janet. If you know that I am Cassandra then you must be knowing about the spell world. You must be knowing that what happens when a human spirit can not live up to the expectations of a witch....." She paused and then said, "he called me a beast."

That's what you are. I said in my mind and tried to recall everything I read about the spell world and remembered that humans are not allowed for any kind of bad behaviour towards a witch, even if it is defensive. They can not do or speak anything bad about a witch.

Oh my god! It means Jeremy will be punished. Oh no. I spoke in my mind.

"Listen, Janet, that's not important. The most important thing is...." she paused and said, "you...I want t..."

"You want to kill me," I said sternly.

"Correct," she said grinning.

"And that's not going to happen," I said and smirked.

"Oh now don't say that you are afraid of death." She said.

I laughed and gave her a death glare. "How could you be so stupid Cassandra? You can not kill me" I said.

"Why?" She asked confused.

"What if I make my last wish to rot you in hell. You must be knowing about the 'gift' of psychic witches and I guess that's why you are here. Am I right?" I asked sarcastically.

She was a bit taken aback and asked, "So now you are challenging me, little girl?"

"Yes, I am," I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Same mistake. Katherine made the same mistake." She whispered but loud enough to hear.

"You are challenging me unnecessarily because I will win that's obvious. But still, I will accept it because I don't want to underestimate the abilities of a newbie witch." She said.

My blood was boiling as hell. I turned and saw a knife kept beside the fruit basket on the table. I glared at the knife and used my telekinetic powers. It flew like an arrow and went straight into her neck. She screamed in pain and fell on the floor. Blood was profusely coming out from her neck. She was looking like a bloody mess.

"Ahh..ahh.. you...ahh... you have to pay for it Janet." She growled in anger and pain.

"Oh, I am so sorry. Is it hurting too much?" I said sardonically and bent down to meet her glare.

"Don't worry you won't die. By the way, I am not a newbie witch." I whispered in her ear and left the house.