Chapter 12: Truth Revealed

I am a witch. I can do anything I want. I am not that girl anymore who sits in the corner of a room and cry.

He tried hard to open the door but he could not. He looked at me and said, "you shouldn't be here, Janet. You shouldn't have known all these."

"But now I know. Your daughter is standing in front of you and you are saying that I should not be here." I said firmly.

He came closer to me, tears started to form in his eyes.

"Yes, you are my daughter," he said. His voice was quivering with pain and sadness.

We sat down on the chair and then he asked, "do you know everything?"

"Almost everything, rest you will tell me," I said and gave Jeremy's journal to him. He saw the torn pages and sighed.

I asked him, "will you tell me, everything Dad?"

He nodded and started speaking, "Milton family has a very tragic history of supernatural beings and you are one of them. Your mother was the most wonderful person I had ever met. I met her when I was a university student and I did not know that she is a witch. She was afraid that if I came to know her reality, I would hate her. The day when I found out that she is a witch she cried her heart out and asked me 'will you still love me?' I said 'marry me.' She was surprised but happy. It never mattered to me that she was not a human. Two years after the marriage she got pregnant. One day, I saw her weeping while tearing out some pages from a journal. I hastily ran to her and asked her what the matter was. Then she told me about the gift"

"Gift?" I asked.

"Yes, Gift. There is a gift for psychic witches that if another witch kills them they can make one last wish to the universe before they die and no one can stop that wish from being fulfilled. Cassandra used it wisely and made it a curse for us. This 'gift' became a curse for all of us. Unfortunately, Katherine didn't know about this. When Katherine stabbed her, her last words were 'I..
.. I wish to the universe... I will come b....back when you have the first psychic birth in your family.' "

Dad sighed and said, "Janet, you are a psychic witch, so, it means Cassandra must have been back too."

"She is, dad... and I have met her too." I told him everything. About everything and everyone I have encountered to date. But I didn't tell him about Jeremy's spirit.

"Oh my god! You have already met her!" Dad said timidly.

"Don't worry dad, even if she comes to know my real identity, she can't do anything. I am also a witch and I am strong enough to defeat her. Trust me, dad." I am not good at comforting people but I still tried to console him. He nodded slowly in agreement as he had no choice left.

"So it's not rebirth?" I asked him.

"No, actually she has returned from the 'spell world'. Your mom once told me that there is another world for witches and that is spell world. Every single witch who dies has to live there for years and then their souls go to either hell or heaven." He said.

I hummed and asked him about my birthmark. He saw the triangular mark on my neck and said, "it is because of the link. The weapon by which Cassandra was killed was made by linking the three people. Since Katherine was the murderer of Cassandra so you have this mark."

"As a curse.." I murmured, inaudible.

Since Katherine linked herself with Dr Branson and Mr Cruise, so have their generations been suffering. This is the reason she chose Jeremy! It means we are chosen, chosen by Cassandra. I, Jeremy and...? And who is carrying Cruise's blood? Prof. Morgan! He must be the doppelganger...Oh... that's why she killed him.

A doppelganger that is....Prof. Morgan, a pure soul that is....Jeremy and a psychic witch....that's me. It means I am the last pawn of her bloody game. If I will die she will get what she wants. She will become immortal and will turn this world into a living hell.

"Janet... Janet.." Dad shook my shoulder gently and I came out of my thoughts.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"I am ok dad" I said.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It's been two weeks since I met my father. Though we used to meet everyday during the lecture but only as a student and a teacher. I promised him that I wouldn't tell anyone about us because I didn't want him to be in any kind of danger as I had already lost my mother and I didn't want to lose my father.

I started studying more and more about witches and their supernatural abilities. I read all the books that dad had gave me. He gave me those books which had all the information about witches, spells and everything. I started to explore the things about my world. He told me that my mom used to read all those books and many of them were written by our ancestors.

I started feeling stronger and stronger, my magic, my abilities everything was getting stronger. I was getting more powerful.

One night, I was reading the book in which every detail of spell world was given. I got surprised to know that in the spell world not only the spirits of witches reside but sometimes humans too. It was written that if a human is killed by a witch his/her soul gets trapped in this world.

It means Jeremy and Prof. Morgan are trapped in the spell world!