Chapter 17: His Letter

Only twenty-four hours. Three hours have passed and now I have only twenty-one hours left...

"What are you looking? You are the reason. Yes, you. You are the cause of all suffering. You are the cause of Jeremy's death. He died because of you. Everyone is suffering because of you. Everyone. Did you hear? Why were you born? Why Janet Milton? Aaaahhhhhaaaa" I threw my phone at the mirror and it broke into pieces. I was screaming like a mad person and throwing everything around. I threw my backpack on the floor and my eyes got stuck on a notebook that came out of it. I took that notebook and my vision started getting blurry because of the tears forming in my eyes. I hugged it and started crying.

This was the notebook that Jeremy took from me the day before he died. He rarely used to take any notes from other students. It was always me who used to take notes and assignments from him and he never refused to give. He was a very kind and soft-hearted person who never refused to help others.

It was the first time he took my notes. I wonder why he took it because I was not that good at studies. I was just an average student and he was a university topper. But I was happy that he needed my help to finish his notes.

A few days after his death, Alice returned that notebook to me. I had never turned a single page of it because it always reminded me that this was the first and last time he had taken anything from me. It was the first and last time he needed my help.

After staring for a few minutes I mustered up the courage to open it. When I turned the cover page over, I found a piece of folded paper in it. I took it and opened the folds with my shaking fingers.

Dear Janet,

My theory to love was always to find my 'the one' for me, but you changed my thoughts. You taught me that it was not about finding 'the one' but two people shaping each other, shaping the relationship and shaping the way of life. In the process, you became my way of life.

After meeting you I realised I didn't fall in love with you, but I walked in love with you, with my eyes open, with so many crosses and turns.
And I'm writing this letter to tell you that I'm sincerely and deeply in love with you!!

Janet, you are the most wonderful person I have ever met. You are smart and brave. I feel so lucky and proud to have you in my life.

Janet Milton, I....

Everything stopped. My world just stopped after reading this. I fell on my knees and started crying hysterically. Though the name of the person wasn't written in it but I know it was him. It was Jeremy. I can never be wrong in recognising his handwriting. Though it was incomplete but I knew what he wanted to write, what he wanted to tell.

"Jeremy..." I whispered his name in the middle of my sobs.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Jeremy's (pov)

"Janet" I whispered her name and my cheeks began to drenched with tears.

"Can I go to university again? Can I see you again? Can we fight over stupid things again? Can I be with you again?" I was mumbling. My eyes struggled hard to contain the tears but they kept flowing.

"What the hell am I saying? How can this be possible?" I said.

"I am dead. DEAD. You are dead Jeremy Branson. You are dead. You are nothing but a pathetic ghost. Your world has collapsed forever." I screamed my heart out but no one to listen. No one can see my tears, my pain, my suffering.

"Why me? Why? What have I done?" I closed my eyes and lay on the floor which was as cold as ice.

"Jeremy"

A feminine sweet voice reached my ears and I opened my eyes. I quickly stood up and my eyes widened at the sight of her.

"Ja.. Janet?" I said. It's impossible. It's just impossible. Can ghosts hallucinate too? I was speaking in my mind because I could not believe my eyes.

She came closer to me and said, "don't cry, Jeremy."

"Janet... You.. you are here?!" I asked and she nodded yes.

"No! No no no! It's not possible!" I said and turned my back.

She gently held my wrist and said, "I am here Jeremy. Please, look at me."

I turned to her and said, "you...can tou.. touch me. It means you really are here!" I was astonished but a small smile appeared on my lips and I took both her hands in my hands.

But as soon as the thought came to my mind, my smile was immediately gone, "Wait, does that mean you are....de..dead?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys!👋
How are you?

Here I want to tell you that the love letter written by Jeremy is not actually written by him. lol 😄

It is written by my friend. So, I am really thankful to my dearest friend for this.

I am really really reallllyyyyy very bad in writing letters 🥺. The whole credit goes to my friend for this.

Thank You so much
Don't forget to vote and share
Love you all 💕
Bye!