Chapter 22: It Can Not Happen

11 January 2017 (3pm)

"Hello Janet, hello Alice. Hope you both are doing great. Oh, I forgot, today's your birthday. Wish you a very happy birthday Janet." Cassandra said and extended her hand to shake. I crossed my arms over my chest and said, "don't waste our time. Do whatever you wanted to do and then get out of our lives."

She got a little taken aback. She smirked and then said, "fine. Let's start the procedure."

"J.. Janet.." Alice was getting worried and tears started filling in her eyes.

"Please be strong" that was all that I could say to her.

Cassandra started chanting and suddenly the whole atmosphere started getting stormy. Strong winds started blowing like arrows and the clouds started roaring loudly. Soon it started raining heavily and the wind was so strong that we felt like we will blow away with it.

Suddenly a dazzling light appeared in front of us and it was so bright that we could not even open our eyes properly. Slowly the brightness of the light started decreasing and two human figures started emerging from that light.

"Jeremy? Prof. Morgan?" I whispered. They both were standing in front of us with a big question mark on their faces, seems like they even don't know what just happened. Before I could ask them anything Cassandra spoke, "welcome my lovely pawns."

"What? Why are we here? What are you going to do?" Prof. Morgan asked nervously.

--------------------------------------------------------------
(Jeremy's pov)

The situation was horrifying and I, out of the blue, ran towards Janet and said, "happy birthday Janet. I...I am sorry for not wishing you earlier. It's not that I didn't want to, but every time you see me, you get sad, that's why I thought that I will not come in front of you today. I am sorry, I just don't wanted to make you sad today." I said everything in one breath.

She smiled and said, "it's ok Jeremy, calm down and thank you."

"Drama over? May I proceed further?" Cassandra shouted.

"Wait," Janet said sternly raising her index finger towards Cassandra.

Cassandra rolled her eyes and gave us some privacy finally, then I and Janet moved quite far away from everyone present there.

She took out a folded paper and asked, "what's this Mr Branson?" She asked quite mockingly.

"Huh?" I got confused and didn't understand what she wants to say. She smiled and then opened the folded paper and held it in front of me and asked again, "what is this?"

I was shocked and blushed a little seeing the letter that I wrote.

"I...uh... Jan.... I...umm.." I couldn't speak anything. I felt like I am losing my confidence. OMG! What the hell Jeremy speak up! I spoke in my mind.

"Why you never tell me, Jeremy? Why you never tell me that you love me?" She asked.

"I am sorry Janet. I wanted to tell you when we were in high school but...I was af...r...a..id...." I said in a very low voice and whispered the last word which was almost inaudible but she heard everything very well.

She giggled and said, "Hey! Afraid of what?"

"I LOVE YOU," she said and tears started filling her eyes. She was about to hug me but she realised that she cannot. I badly wanted to hug her tightly and wipe her tears away but look at our fate we can't even touch each other. I can't even touch the love of my life. What can be more painful than this?

"I love you Janet. I love you so much." I said and felt some liquid rolling down my cheeks.

She wiped her tears and said, "don't cry dear, everything will be ok. You will be ok. We all will be ok." She paused and then said, "Jeremy, promise me that if something happens to me you will take care of my best friend and my family."

"Of course I will, she is my sister and your family is also like my family but why did you say that? Nothing's gonna happen to you Janet." I said timidly because I felt something is odd. I felt something very bad is going to happen that shouldn't happen.

"I love you so much Jeremy. Please stay strong. I am sorry." She said.

"Sorry for what?" I asked but she didn't reply and started walking towards Cassandra.

"Wait Janet! What are you going to do? Janet please stop!" I kept shouting but she didn't listen and continued walking. I started running towards her but stopped abruptly when I realised that I was inside a big fire circle. I turned my head and saw that everyone was inside the separate fire circles except Janet and Cassandra.

"What the hell? What are you doing?" Janet yelled at Cassandra.

"Enough of drama. I was waiting for this moment since ages and now I am not going to wait a single moment." Cassandra shouted and held a dagger in front of her.

"Unlink Alice," Janet said gritting her teeth.

"Take the dagger and stab yourself and then I will unlink her," Cassandra said and I got froze to hear this.

"No....it can't happen. No....never." I whispered and started trembling thinking of the fact that Janet is going to die?

No I won't let that happen.