Trauma Triggers (Ch.34)

Morning light filled the room and an amber glow illuminated and reflected throughout the space.

Slowly coming too Aurora mind quickly filled with all the suppressed thoughts of yesterday she knew she had to sort out her future and soon.

Not wanting to move and wake the sleeping giant beside her.

She processed.

What has come and what is to be?

How can one possible sort all the possibilities and know for sure. That was the problem she could not be sure in any outcome. Staring off into the ceiling she envisioned every outcome she could possibly imagine.

Coming too he can feel Aurora's small movements and knows as much as she may seem like she is still asleep her mind was already reeling.

"Morning Love" he spoke out.

"Oh hey" she moves a tad still caught under his weight.

"Why do you never wake me" he asks

"I don't know" she answers

"Well, in future wake me" he shoots her a radiating smile.

"I'll try" she gives a half smile. A part of him know she is trying to internalize his words.

"If you want" he adds a serious look in his eyes masked in care.

A shy smile covers her face and that is all he is to get as a response.

"Should we visit Eliza today?" he changes the subjects.

He knows he is going to have to bring up returning home. He won't pressure he to come. Wanting her there is one thing feeling like she is forced is another.

"That would be nice" she responds. Bowing her head as it fills with all the thoughts of future.

Keeping his hand off her was a mission. Deep in thought her light fire hair and green eyes shimmered in the sun. Xavier knew this was not the time, talk of the hospital had obviously brought back thoughts of her past.

"Shower?" he offered standing reaching out his hand.

Taking a second to come back from wherever she had been she grabs his hand a smile on her face. Looking at her he know this smile, he has saw it on her before. A mask she plants but not a spec of real happiness stood in it.

In his head he vowed to change that. Her need to hide how she feel to force fake happiness to please those around her. A dark anger rose in him, the monster still there. Now lurking to protect Aurora at all cost no one shall ever hurt her again.

Including himself.

The shower poured down on her clearing her mind and bringing her back to her body. Looking to him, he could see that in her eyes. Prescense, something he had never noticed before in another being. The eyes showed emptiness when she was lost in her mind. A dissociation from herself that was visible with the deadness in her eyes.

"Beautiful" he said sliding his forefinger down her face to her neck. A part of him wanted to welcome her back but pointing it out might put her right back there.

A true smile took hold her cheeks wrinkle all the way to her eyes. Which are lit up and bright with emotion.

"I could say the same" she copied her movements.

Aurora hand pressed against his chest and she finished. Pulling her into him he was aroused with her simple touch.

In this case the same could be said about Aurora, a simple look in his eyes could tightening her core in mere seconds.