001

"ONLY losers live in hawkins." anais said, pressing her back against the red convertible mustang and rolling her eyes. she frowned a bit at the movers who had previously uprooted her life, now they took boxes into the house and attempted to make it a home, but it would never be one. her hair was tussled by the wind and her sunglasses hid sad eyes.

"you have no choice, after what happened you need to law low." her manager responded. anais blew her lips out in response, staring around at the empty and damp roads. the air was thick and humid, it was the very edge of summer and you could feel it all around you.

"something's off about this town." anais stated, taking off the black prada sunglasses and looking around while walking in a slight circle. she folded them, tucking them on her shirt. the sky was orange and pinkish, the clouds were heavy and the wind whistled sheepishly at her.

he rolled his eyes. "knock it off."

"i'm serious, dave." anais said, walking over and standing in front of him with crossed arms. "this town gives me the creeps. something's not right." she shuddered her shoulders for dramatic effect and looked around.

dave ignored her antics and instead handed her a box. "come on, let's get your room unpacked." anais rolled her eyes, following him into the house. it has two stories, including a basement and attic but those don't really count. it was a small family home which made no sense, anais would be by herself in the house so what was the need for a big one. the house had a nice porch, one where you'd hang a wooden swing for your kids and on the fourth of july they'd sit there with cousins, eating popsicles and watching fireworks.

the house sat at the end of the road, neighbors on right side and behind it. in front of it sat a forest clearing hidden by tall trees and birds perched on electric wires. when you walked in you were in the kitchen and dining area. the table sat four and the kitchen was equipped with a fridge, stove, oven and etc. normal kitchen stuff, nothing too much.

the furniture in the living room had already been set up as well as a nice flatscreen tv which she assumed she'd spend hours in front of. the stairs across the living room led to a small hallway. the first door on your right was a bedroom and the one on your left was a bathroom.

"this one is yours." dave said, going to the room at the end of the hall, he pushed it open as the movers came out. anais walked in and scoffed. "you had them decorate my room?"

he nodded. "in the most stereotypical way, at that." she continued. "ted nugent?!" she shirked, looking at one of many posters they'd hung. "this is an insult to my art and to me as a person. at least put aerosmith to balance it out my god."

dave titled his head to the posters hung above her bed making her roll her eyes. "is that wham?"

"you don't like to jitterbug?"

she made a face. "i'd sooner slam my tongue in a car door than listen to that shit."

(guys i love wham! with a passion <3)

"you rockers are such divas, god."

"i hate this house, dave. i hate this town." she sighed, doing a dramatic spin and falling on to the bed done up with black and blue covers and sheets.

"you barely know it!"

"know it well enough to know i'd rather be back home."

he looked at her with a strange expression. "you know you can't go back to sydney. do you know what they'll do to you?"

she dismissed him with a hand wave. "please david, spare me the details of the evil men in black suits."

he rolled his eyes. "meet me downstairs in ten minutes, we're going grocery shopping."