𝐊𝐲𝐨𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐤𝐮 | 𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 ~ 𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐂𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐜

('Kyojuro Rengoku's little sister' reader and your boyfriend will be Giyuu Tomioka, but mainly this is about the Rengoku family)

Warning: Feels, !SEASON 2 SPOILERS!, Angst

Words: 2.8k

----------------------------------

"Little Brother!" i call out, as I place a tray of green tea and sweets I made for him. "Senjuro!"

I hear him running from the front engawa before opening the fusuma door, he saw me smiling widely. "Sorry I was busy sweeping," he apologises, as I pat his head.

"It's okay, come eat something," i usher him, seeing his smile lift. "Big brother should be here soon."

"Hmm yeah he said he's going on a mission," he replies, before sitting on the edge of the verandah biting into a sweet. "Hmmm this.....is delicious, as always."

"Thank you, knew you would like it,"

I am Kyojuro and little Senjuro's sister, and I am nineteen years old. With me looking more like mother, father has found it hard to even look at me once since she passed. It was hard for me to comfort him, and to endure his beatings ever since she passed and he retired as a former Hashira when Rengoku became the new flame Hashira. Sometimes father would even beat Senjuro til he was bruised, but instead I took most of the beatings. Yet my heart still wanted father to be happy, to find life and meaning in the world.

"There you two are!" I hear a booming and bright voice, seeing big brother walking up to us both standing on the ground as he was in level with me and Senjuro. "I'm about to leave on this mission, but (Y/N) please take care of Senjuro as usual and make sure father doesn't drink too much okay?"

"Do you have to go?" Senjuro asks, seeing sadness in his eyes.

"Yes I have too, but...Senjuro......you have an older who believes in you," he says, patting his head gently. "A sister here to guide you, and I believe you will become a fine young man. A brother that I'm proud to have."

Seeing light tears in Senjuro's eyes the two hug each other making me smile, plopping a sweet in my mouth. "Thanks Kyojuro, you always know the right words to say," i hum softly, when Kyo walks up to me and places a gentle hand on my head.

"(Y/N) you are the best little sister I could ever have, you have gained so much power training day in and day out," he began, wondering what's with this speech. His eyes held warmth and encouragement, which made my heart beat. "You will become a fine woman, and I want to thank you for being supportive, caring and making sure us all men stay in line."

"Big brother Kyo, what's with this message?" i chuckle, roughly his hair. "We will see you soon okay, stay safe as always and thank you for being the greatest big brother I could ever have."

He hugs me making me bury my face into his chest, "Also.......is Tomioka treating you well?" he asks me, as my face instantly went red.

"Y-Yes.......we have gotten well pretty fine, he's a sweet boyfriend," I smile, as he pokes my cheek playfully.

"Just making sure, because if he hurts you I will never forgive that man!" he declares, as I playfully punch him.

"Oh shut up and go on your mission, we will see you later," i laugh, as he ruffles my hair once more before heading off. Seeing him leave the front gates I saw Senjuro's eyes drift down in complete sadness, but I lean forward lifting his chin and making him face my way gently. "Cheer up, you know big brother is strong enough. He's gonna be okay, don't worry."