𝐊𝐲𝐨𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐤𝐮 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐧 ~ 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

(Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Movie SPOILERS!)

Warning: Death, Feels

Words: 1.5k

-----------------------------

It was just like that, seeing him leave the Demon Slayer Corps on a mission to take care of a demon that was making trouble on the train. Yet, his last words to me were, 'I love you, my dearest Sunflower' and left with his goal set on the mission. What did he mean by that? He doesn't usually say that, unless it was serious. It has been roughly a week since he left, and no news was given to me. 

Walking down the road to head to my own mission, I felt a sick feeling in my stomach. My crow hasn't come to me with any messages, which concerned me even more. I mean, he has to come back. He is Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Pillar. One of the strongest pillars, and my Fiance. We got engaged pretty early, as he wanted to conceal our five year relationship. Yet, when he needed to focus on his mission, he doesn't hesitate and thats why I love him. At first he wanted too marry me, but he also doubted the situation because we are pillars working hard to protect humanity.

The blossoms flow in the wind with a beautiful scent flows along with it, letting my eyes close gently before I finally make it to my destination to find the trouble.

{TimeSkip}

*********************

I breathe heavily watching the the head of the demon, disinter-grate wiping the blood away from my cheek. I still stood in the dark in the dark cave when I located the demon, as the sun makes it disappear. I check the time, I decide to head into the village for a small bite to eat before travelling my three day walk to the demon slayer corps.

Walking down into the small village I could hear the children happily laugh and run around, hearing a few comments on my approach. "Look Okaa-san, it's the (Title) Pillar!!!" The child exclaims, as a small smile appears across my lip.

I then rock up to a small dango shop seeing a kind man, "Hello miss, how may I help you?" he asks me gently.

"Two dangos please?" I ask him, as he grabs two before handing me them. I pass him some yen, before heading to where I could sit. I munch happily with my sweet, seen I'm a sweet tooth. I must start thinking of heading to an inn to stay the night. Once I finish I went to stand up when I hear my crow flying down, holding my arm out. "What is it?"

"Rengoku...has passed!"

My eyes slowly widen in realisation feeling like my whole entire body grew numb, as I felt like I couldn't stand any longer. I lower my head feeling the air leave my lungs, holding back my tears that threatened to spill. 

"A-Arigato, a-any missions?" I waver.

"No, return back to the corps!"

"Alright," i whimper, before she flies back up leaving me alone to sink into my own thoughts. I continue to walk down the road aimlessly, not knowing why I kept walking. I want to see him, I want to see his body before I can't see him. 

{TimeSkip}

************************

I stood before his grave with the rest of the Pillars, as we all stood in silence seeing candles lit. A picture of him laid out in front, as tears stream down violently. We all bow respectfully, before I left everyone swiftly wanting to cry myself to sleep.

"(Y/N)-Chan," i hear a gentle voice, as I turn to reveal Mitsuri. She walks up to me, and embraces me tightly gasping in shock. I then slowly return the hug, before she whispers, "Let it all out, I can't bare seeing you hold it all in."

With just those few words I felt my body trembling in her embrace as I began to cry out loud, my voice throbbing from the sobbing and crying. Mitsuri and Shinobu comforted there and then, while the men stood in the background before I decide to be left alone.

I head to my compound shutting my door and collapsing to the ground crying out in pain, as I felt like my entire world was lost in a blink of an eye. My body trembles and wavers, my sobs and cries were muffled with my hand over my mouth. After a while I place my sleep wear on, and got into my futon not bothering to eat. I couldn't comprehend the mixed emotions I was feeling, as I hug myself tightly trying to imagine him right beside. 

"Please? This is just some nightmare, I just need to wake up," I waver, before I close my eyes slowly feeling warm tears roll down until I fell asleep.

***𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫***

Every night I felt like I couldn't have a peaceful sleep, and I kept waking up with nightmares. Everyday I started to grow apart from everyone else, barely eating and I felt bad for the girls. They all tried to get me outside, but all I did was grab a mission and fought hoping I would die. Hoping I could see him again, but no matter what it seems my death isn't supposed to happen.

I walk out of my compound about to see if I had a mission, when I felt someone grab my wrist firmly. My breathe hitches in my throat, before turning to reveal Shinobu. My eyes widen slightly, before she holds up a letter. 

"Just.....read this, I know it's been a month.....but I thought you would recover after a few weeks," She began, as I slowly took the letter. "It was from the master, but it was from him. Recgoku-kun."

She then leaves me a lone returning back to my compound I sat down on the engawa outside, sitting cross legged I saw my name addressed on the letter in his handwriting. Once I open it, I began to read it.

My brightest sunflower

If you're reading this, this means I have finally left this world. I know it might be sudden with my death, but I have had this note written since we started going out. I needed to write something for you, before I went anywhere and never returned. Seen I am not there anymore, please don't kill yourself for my sake. I want you to love a life, smile brightly like you were with me.

I know one day we would get married, yet we had missions to fulfil before us. I know that's selfish of me, but I love you with all my heart. Saving everyone and you around is top priority, so  then I could love you longer. If we can't get married, I want you to find someone to cherish like you did for me. Yes it might be hard that you are with someone else, but I can't let you be alone all your life. I know you didn't grow up with a nice environment, and I know you struggle so much without me. 

Please, could you go through my things and bring them to my fathers place, and take care of my little brother. He wants to be a powerful demon slayer, but I want him to live a long life. Again, I'm sorry that I left you so soon. It was never my intention to never say a proper goodbye, but remember I love you my Sunflower.

From your amazing Boyfriend

Kyojuro Rengoku

I began to choke on my own sobs as the tears fell onto the paper, thinning the material as I was trembling. My lips tremble, my throat numbing to the painful ache in my chest. I tighten my fists, as I lower my head squeezing my eyes tightly.

"O-Okay.....I-I will try and make you happy, K-Kyo," i whimper, when I felt something gingerly brush against my cheek.

My eyes slowly lift only to see a bright light visible in my eyes, as my eyes widen in horror. Nor was i to comprehend how I felt, only to see him. Kyojuro. He cups my cheeks gingerly, feeling warmth seeing the bright glow surround him.

"I'm proud of you," he whisper, planting a gentle kiss to my forehead like it was so real.

"Wait, y-you're h-here?"

"No, I'm not in the flesh," he saddens, when he lifts my chin. "Just stay strong, I will always be watching you."

"P-Please....d-don't leave me?"

"I'm sorry," he whispers, before he starts to disappear. "I love you, Sunflower!"

"No wait!!" i cry out, before he disappears before seeing the world around turn to night. Crickets start to chirp, and the still night grew silent. My breathe wavers, before I place the letter in the envelope and head into my room and cried myself to sleep hoping my life will become better again. I will try, my very best for you, Kyo. I will.

----------------------------------