II

.

.

.

One of the large men pinned you to what you assumed was a medical chair. You tried to squirm out of their clutch but it was useless. As you gave up, your head hung low, allowing a few strands of hair to curtain your face.

The sound of large rubber boots echoed off the tile floor. "There's my little вдова," a man's gruff voice snarled.

He snaked his fingers along your jawline before gripping it harshly and tilting your head up to look him in the eyes. You hissed in pain and sent him a death glare.

"Why so hostile, princess?" He smiled mockingly. 

Your skin crawled as he leaned closer to you and whispered in your ear, still keeping his hold on your jaw.

"Cat got your tongue?"

Finally, he let go of you and walked over to a man in a lab coat. 

"Just erase my memories again. Or kill me. It doesn't make a difference," You said in a hoarse voice while looking at the floor dejectedly. 

You could see a flicker of rage in the mans eyes but it quickly faded, "Oh! Don't be so pessimistic, вдова. In fact, I have been working with Dr. Galkin here to produce a sort of...permanent result." 

The man in the lab coat, now known as Dr. Galkin, was obviously a very diffident man who didn't seem too levelheaded. His posture was awful and you noticed how he quivered anytime a loud noise was made. 

"Y-yes, but um, of course it's not fully developed. It needs to undergo many, um, test runs," Dr. Galkin stuttered. 

The man from before let out a chilling laugh. "Nonsense! Dr. Galkin here is just being modest, prepare her for the operation."

The Russian guards took you out of a room and into a lab before fastening you onto a cold metal slab and securing the buckles.

You didn't even try to resist.

You knew you were powerless against them.

The man walked in with Dr. Galkin, not too long after the guards had left. He stood next to you and smiled condescendingly. "Ready to bring back The Nova...for good?"

You tried to conceal any emotions you were feeling in that moment, but it became very difficult as the shaking doctor pulled on rubber gloves and began preparing a syringe. 

He made his way over to you as the needle trembled within his unsteady hands, making you feel uneasy.

The doctor tapped on the tool and released some air before injecting an anesthetic into your veins. 

Almost instantly your vision began to blur and the room spun like the wheel of fortune. You closed your eyes to avoid the headache that was engulfing your brain.

 "Nighty night моя вдова."

.

.

.