VIII

.

.

.

You were only alone for a few minutes before Steve walked in through the door. 

He went up to the pad and placed his hand on it. After it completed it's scan, he pressed a few buttons, making the glass door you were behind slide open.

He looked up, smiling, "What'd you say we get you into more comfortable living conditions." 

You didn't understand what that meant but still followed him outside the room. 

He walked through the hallways trying to make small talk, "So this is the floor with all the labs and isolation units, but you're going to be on level 82 which is where the Living Quarter's are."

He went up to the elevator and pressed the button. After a few seconds it dinged and the both of you walked in. 

He pressed the button with the number 82 on it and the doors slid closed. You were standing on the opposite side of the elevator, taking note of all the security cameras. 

He stood tall with his arms behind his back waiting for the doors to reopen. "So, uh, we found out some...information about you. And your family."

This caught your attention. You looked at the man, waiting for him to explain.

He gave you a small smile, "I think it's best we wait until later to get into all of that though."

You slowly looked back at the doors, feeling somewhat disappointed. 

Once the elevator had opened, Steve led you down a hall and stopped in front of one of the white doors. 

"This will be your room," He said before pointing to the door across from it, "And that is Bucky's room."

Bucky. You met Bucky. He seemed nice enough.

"If you need anything, I'm sure he'd be glad to help out," Steve finished with a sweet smile.

You returned the gesture and thanked him before walking into the bedroom. You closed the door behind you and leaned against it, taking in the scenery. 

There was a queen sized bed off to one wall that was littered with soft-looking blankets and pillows. A large rug was strategically placed in the center and a potted plant was in one of the corners. There was a large window towards the back of the room, over looking the city, and a television mounted on the wall in between the closet and bathroom doors. 

You'd never seen anything like it, much less lived in these conditions. 

You were almost afraid to touch anything, as though your hands were cursed and anything they touched would instantly shatter. 

Laying on the bed were some folded clothes and a small note. 

"Thought you might want something to wear, other than your hospital gown." ~Wanda