III

.

.

.

Bucky's POV

I had been living in the Avengers tower for a few months now. Steve was helping me get back on my feet. 

Most of my memories from the forties had come back, but I still got flashes from being the Winter Soldier.

Lately, my flashbacks seemed to revolve around one person.

A girl.

They're hard to decipher, but if I try to picture the memories all together, it looks like we were partners. 

In a professional sense obviously.

She wore a black jumpsuit and carried a rifle. 

If only I could remember...

"Y/N," A voice said in my head.

"Y/N." I repeated the name out loud.

It was familiar and suddenly, the recognition swept over me like a wave.

Shit.

I hurried to the living room, which is where Steve most likely was.

"Steve."

He turned around and raised his eyebrows, "Oh hey Buck! Peter was just about to show me how to play Pac Man. Wanna join?"

I shook my head and frowned, trying to keep my focus on the situation at hand.

Steve studied me carefully, "Is everything okay, Buck?"

I shook my head again.

"One second Peter," he said before taking me by the arm and leading me out of the room.

God I was a mess.

"Bucky. I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong," Steve whispered in a gentle voice.

I took a deep breath. 

I didn't want to do this. Anything and everything about the past was triggering for me, but I didn't have much of a choice.

"There's a girl, Steve. She's just like me. They took her from her family, brain washed her, and weaponized her."

Steve furrowed his brows in thought, "Okay, what do you wanna do?"

I thought for a moment.

"Well, I can't just leave her there, Steve. I can't let Hydra continue putting innocent people in danger. We have to take them down," I finally answered.

Steve nodded his head, "I'll get Tony to prepare a tactical team and he and I will see what we can do. Don't worry, Bucky."

I shook my head again, "No, Steve. I'm coming with you."

"Do you really think that's-"

I walked off to suit up before he could finish whatever he was going to say. 

I don't know what it was, but there was something about this girl that I was drawn to. 

.

.

.