50.

Things weren't as tense as Yeji had expected. Sitting there observing the two girls talking, it became very clear they quickly connected. Each sharing information about the woman they knew as their mother or telling the other something about her personal life.

She felt like her presence wasn't necessary, feeling a little awkward about being apart of this interaction. Although she wasn't really the one speaking.

"Mother just texted me. She should be arriving soon."

Yeji figured it was the right moment to excuse herself. Ryujin looking at her with wide pleading eyes but it was best if she didn't get involved in her family matters.

"I'll be right outside, okay? Just come out whenever you're ready. I'll wait."

And that's how she found herself standing outside the gate to the house, pacing back and forth while mulling over the possibilities of the meeting and the information she had now been presented with.

The more she found out about Ryujin, the more she became intrigued about the girl and her life.

It was clearly eventful and filled with plot twists. Yeji wondered if she would ever come to unravel the mystery of Shin Ryujin.

Suddenly Ryujin walked out, or rather stormed out of the gated residence. Her hands wiping the tears falling from her eyes as she continued to walk without stopping or saying anything to her. Yeji only trailing behind her, until Ryujin found a trash can and began to kick it a few times. Cursing once she seemed to hurt herself.

Yeji didn't know what to say or do. It's not like she was aware of how it had gone but judging by the other's reaction, it wasn't good.

Ryujin was still crying and that sadness seemed to be mixed in with anger.

And so Yeji hug her.

She stepped behind her, hugging the girl tightly, Ryujin's back pressed against her chest. Yeji's hands holding Ryujin's arms against the girl's body. The older of the two still shaking as she continued to cry, only bothering to turn around after a moment and place her face into the crook of Yeji's neck.

Yeji didn't move. She didn't loosen her hold on Ryujin. She didn't complain. No matter how long their hug lasted.

They remained like that until Ryujin ran out of tears.

Wordlessly, Yeji took the girl's hand and guided her somewhere. She knew the other loved food just as much as Yeji did so it was only right to offer her a meal. Surely that would help.

They went to a restaurant Yeji was a fan of, the younger girl taking the lead and ordering for both of them as Ryujin quickly sat across from her.

Throughout their meal Yeji attempted to make conversation yet was met with a very unresponsive Ryujin. One that would simply nod or hum in response, barely making eye contact or showing any signs of having been paying attention. The girl mostly playing with her food as opposed to the usual fast eating Yeji had grown used to.

"I should go. I'm no fun to be around today." Ryujin finally let out as they started to approach Yeji's apartment.

Yeji wanted to insist she stay over, considering how upset she seemed. Letting her go back hometown by herself just didn't feel right to her. But her thoughts got interrupted when she caught sight of Wooyoung parking outside her apartment and getting out of the car. Looking at her while waving to get Yeji's attention.

Ryujin seemed to catch that too, looking towards the man, pressing her lips together and then offering a small smile. The first since they had been at her mother's house.

"You shouldn't leave him waiting. Go enjoy your night, Yeji. And thank you for the company today."

"No. You don't have to-"

"It's fine." Ryujin stated, shrugging with her hands on the pockets of her jacket, starting to step away from her. "Let's meet again."

Something about Ryujin's expression just didn't quite feel right. There was something off about her. And Yeji didn't like it one bit.