18.

The sky was turning darker each passing minute, the sun finally going down. In front of them the sunset in full display.

There was music playing, courtesy of Ryujin who had eventually started playing some of her favorite music for them. The two of them sitting around in silence while taking in the view in front of them.

Ryujin stood up eventually, reaching for her cigarettes before eyeing her as if wordlessly asking for permission. To which Yeji just chuckled, finding such action too adorable.

"It's fine, Ryujin."

The older girl light up the cigarette, sitting back down beside her but raising an eyebrow looking to see her reaction. The smoke getting blown out in her direction as if on purpose to tease her.

"Are you trying to test me?"

Ryujin only chuckled, busying herself smoking. "I thought you hated it."

"I do." Yeji responded, shrugging. "But it's starting to become familiar."

Ryujin only hummed in response. Making Yeji wonder what she was thinking about in that moment. Her eyes focused on the view ahead while she continued to smoke.

The smell had unknowingly became something she got used to. Normally a hint of it present around the other. Although she had never smoked in her presence. Yeji suspected such decision was deliberated and not a coincidence.

"I should get you home." Ryujin finally announced, once she was done smoking. Making Yeji nearly pout.

It's not like they were doing anything and yet going home was the last thing she wanted. If it was up to her, they'd stay like that for longer but she knew they couldn't. It was getting cold and dark out.

"You should."

Ryujin stared at her, seemingly hesitating just as much as she was. Neither of them moving from where they stood. Ryujin only throwing out the cigarette she had been smoking.

"Or..."

"Or." Yeji repeated.

"Where would you go next?" Ryujin seemed to look at her curiously, probably getting caught of guard by the question or simply confused by it. "If you were alone."

"To my apartment but..." Ryujin hesitated, running a hand through her hair.

Yeji nodded, understanding her hesitation. She might not know much about the other but she knew enough to suspect that was not something she wanted her to see. "Where else?"

"Your house?"

Yeji could only chuckle at the response. Because of course that would be the second option.

"There has to be other places besides my house or yours."

"There's a few but I don't think you'd like them."

"Why is that?"

Ryujin shrugged, cigarette between her lips. "They're not your style."

"And what's my style?"

The older girl looked her up and down and then raised her eyebrows. "I like safety. That's your style."

Yeji couldn't help but laugh because of all things the other could have said, she certainly didn't expect that. But she couldn't really argue with it. She had been sheltered all her life. Willingly.

"Isn't it everyones?"

Ryujin smiled, furrowing her nose. "Not really. Some people like to take risks."

"I can take risks." Why was she even arguing?

The shorted of the two looked more amused than convinced as she turned to look at her with a smirk. "Sure you can, little Hwang."

"I can."

She hummed. Still smirking and smoking.

It was annoying. What an annoying smirk.

"I'll show you."

"You really don't have to. It's fine to value safety."

"I don't..." Yeji crossed her arms. Determined to prove herself even tho Ryujin hadn't dared her to. "I can go along with things too."

"I know you can."

"Good."

Finally, Ryujin put out her cigarette. Moving away from her car and looking at Yeji curiously. "Let's go."

"Where?"

"I thought you could go along. No questions asked and all."

"Fine. But just know whatever happens it's on you." Yeji stated, moving in the direction of the passenger seat.

"Sure thing, Hwang." Ryujin responded, chuckling before entering the car.