16.

Yeji had been sitting around bored out her mind for too long. Her mother had been working since early in the morning and her brother had gone to work hours before. Leaving Yeji to entertain herself which she was struggling with. Having tried to start reading a book a few times now, and giving up after every single chapter before reluctantly picking it back up some time later. Yeji also tried to watch a drama but found herself nearly dozing off as it played on, turning it off eventually.

Too bad Lia and Soobin were both far from her at the moment or else she would make plans with the siblings.

That's how she was left by herself, struggling to stay sane amidst all her boredom.

Eventually, and without much thought, she picked her belongings and decided to visit her brother at work. She had nothing better to do anyway, so why not bother Hyunjin?

As she finally arrived at the store, after a dreadful bus ride, Yeji was fast to spot her brother. Busy conversing with a client while Heejin seemed to be busy restocking items on the racks.

"Hi." She greeted the girl who instantly smiled back at her, as soon as she noticed her presence.

Both girls making small talk while Heejin continued her task. Yeji standing beside her. Once he was free to do so, her brother made his way to them. Looking curiously at Yeji before questioning her presence. "What are you doing here?"

Yeji playfully hit his arm, smiling at him innocently. "Hello to you too, jerk."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes, nudging her before smiling at Heejin who was looking at the both of them.

"I have nothing to do at home." She announced, sighing dramatically before leaning against the chips stand.

Her brother hummed, looking at her curiously before shrugging. "I feel like you'd probably have more to do at home than in here. Besides, we still have five hours before we get off."

"Four hours and fifty minutes, actually." Heejin countered as if she had been counting every single second left until she could finally leave.

Yeji couldn't help but chuckle at her words, looking at her brother who seemed just as amused by his girlfriend.

She stayed over for a little while until clients started pouring in. Then, she purchased a few snacks, a drink and said her goodbyes to the both of them. Planning to stroll around the local park. She hadn't actually done that in quite some time.

The park had been somewhere that had provided her with peace and a sense of calm during her school days. Yeji wasn't sure if anyone knew that, even Hyunjin hadn't been told that. But whenever Yeji was having a particular lonely or bad day, she would take a walk around the park. Sometimes, she would purposely walk through the park on her way home from high school. The location had provided her a sense of peace and comfort in the past. Perhaps it would help her now that she felt lonely again.

While she walked through the park, music playing through her earphones and taking in the view of the river, Yeji felt a familiar sense of calm. One that was disrupted not too long after by the presence of someone.

Of course, it would be her. The person who seemed to provide the opposite of peace and calmness. Who continuously brought chaos onto her world and caused Yeji to do the unthinkable. Just with her mere presence.

Yeji didn't understand then why this was. Nor did she fully notice just the impact Ryujin had in her life. But this person and what they had, it wasn't ordinary. Then again, ordinary would be the last word she would ever use to describe her.

Shin Ryujin was anything but ordinary.

There she stood, beside her, looking over at the horizon. Copying what she had been doing a moment before. Yeji hadn't heard a word coming from her and she wasn't sure if it was due to the music blasting through her earphones or because the other girl hadn't spoken.