2.

(author's note: the ryujin in the header is what this current ryujin looks like)

She didn't get an explanation. But she was repaid for her help in another way. One she hadn't expected.

Ryujin's company. Something that was so rare than in the seven years of her friendship with Yeji's brother, they still hadn't interacted until now.

Yeji would have to admit that the shorter one was cool. Like the type of cool people admire. Those people that walk by you and have you wondering what it's like to know them. Or be them.

Even the people at their school had thought so. Yeji remembers how everyone either wanted to be Ryujin, befriend her or wanted to be with her. The girl was just naturally charismatic in a way she had never seen before. It was all so casual and effortless.

Ryujin didn't look like she tried to be cool or be anything other than herself. You could just tell that she simply was. It was refreshing, considering most people always try hard to be something they're not.

How someone like that ended up being close to Hyunjin beat her.

Seriously. Hyunjin was cool but in a nice and dorky kind of way. Like the kid that would help you with homework but would also not be invited to the cool kid's party. Or maybe, she didn't know her own brother as well as she thought.

The younger girl was worried. It didn't really help that the place where they were looked extremely sketchy and scary. And of course, that she didn't know nor understand what was going on. All she knew was that it involved a big stack of money, something that made it even worse.

She could see her brother, talking to some obviously older guys. She's not sure what about but she had noticed that he had given them the money she brought. But why? What did that money buy?

Yeji was naive but she wasn't naive enough not to notice that whatever was going on there, had to be illegal.

Ryujin and her were sitting on top of a small wall, watching from afar. Together yet in silence.

Just as she thought about how silent it was, Ryujin spoke.

"Are you okay, little Hwang?"

Yeji nodded, but she was still staring at the guys.

"Sorry you got tangled in this." Ryujin said, lighting up a cigarette. Causing Yeji to scrunch up her nose at the smell.

"Does it bother you?"

"It's not my favorite thing." She admitted, finally looking at the other girl.

Ryujin smiled at her and Yeji noted that it had been the first time she had directed such smile at her. In person and up close nonetheless. Her smirk was nice, but personally, she preferred her smile. Mostly because she had whiskers. Something Yeji had only noticed at this very moment.

"No need to stare. I'll put it out." Ryujin chuckled, putting out the cigarette before looking at the men.

Before Yeji could thank her, the older of the two spoke again.

"I think they're done."

Yeji followed her glance and noticed Hyunjin walking away from the group. Signaling for them to go.

"Am I not going to get an explanation? After walking all the way here in the middle of the night?"

Ryujin casually placed her arm around her shoulders. "Unlikely, little Hwang. It's better if you stay out of these things."

Yeji frowned, earning a chuckle from the other girl.

"Lets go before ma notices you're not home." Hyunjin nodded at Ryujin and she seemed to immediately know what he meant with it.