26.

"Dad is making Soobin go so he can get to know the people who will be his superiors, Soobin is making me go so he doesn't suffer alone and I'm making you go because I will not be dealing with it without you."

"That's a lot of people not wanting to attending this party they're going to." Yeji stated, sighing.

She had never been to a fancy party before. She hardly ever gone to a normal party for people their age, let alone one where people had high paying jobs or family money and could easily buy her entire life without giving it a second thought.

But Lia was begging her to attend so naturally Yeji agreed to it.

That's how Yeji found herself bored out of her mind at some party that looked like it came straight from a Hollywood movie but had her feeling like staring at wet paint drying would be much more interesting than being there. She supposed looks aren't everything.

Wearing a dress that complimented her body far too well, one Lia had borrowed her, and that likely costed far more than her entire wardrobe put together. Yeji did feel good about her looks. Feeling confident for once in her life.

Too bad it was to attend a party with people who were, for the most part, far older than herself.

Somehow, mid party, Lia had been pulled into a conversation Yeji wanted no part in and wouldn't be included either way. Leaving the girl by herself.

Naturally, she decided it was the ideal moment to test her alcohol tolerance. Because being drunk was somehow better than being at that party while sober.

Yeji was sat at the bar waiting for the bartender to eventually make their way to her. Not even sparing a glance their way and simply sitting down, looking down at her phone to check the time.

"What's your poison?" The bartender finally asked as soon as Yeji caught sight of them coming into her field of vision.

Her eyebrows furrowing before she herself connected the dots. Her body clearly knew better than Yeji did, naturally responding to the signs before she could catch up with it. And there she was, eyebrows furrowed and staring right at Shin Ryujin.

The other clearly just as taken back. A look of surprised present on Ryujin's face once the girl realized who she was.

"Yeji?"

Yeji's confusion was still present, looking up and down at the girl who was wearing a suit, much like the other bartenders did. However, hers looked far better. Or maybe Ryujin made it look better. She wasn't sure.

"What are you doing here?"

Ryujin looked down at herself, pointing towards the suit and adjusting the blazer slightly before pointing out the drinks behind her. "Bartending. What are you doing at a party like this?"

"Being a plus one, I guess."

"A plus one?" Ryujin seemed caught off guard by the answer but quickly formed a smile. "Good for you, little Hwang. So who's the lucky guy?"

Yeji was about to reply to the question. Finding it all too amusing that Ryujin actually assumed she would be coming to such party as a date or for a man.

Even Soobin would have a hard time convincing her to do that for him, and he was her best friend.

"Actually-"

"Good, you're here. God, I looked for you everywhere. Finally i'm free from that dreadful conversation." Lia ranted, before noticing the presence of the bartender who was awkwardly staring in silence. "Oh- Ry- I mean, hello. Am I interrupting?"

"No."

"Yes."

Yeji eyed Ryujin who had cheekily responded affirmatively to Lia's questioning, the older girl shrugging innocently.