『Enmu.』

━━━

Japanese will be underlined.

[Warning: Spoilers, cursing, violence, suicide.]

━━━

━━━━━━━━━

[𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 35]

━━━━━━━━━

      Fuck. This was bad. You stumbled after Tanjiro as he panicked. You'd just realized that you'd likely have to save Rengoku. The problem was, you weren't like the mc's in fan-fictions you'd read. You didn't have a god who was in love with you, you weren't a demon, you didn't know how to fight. You'd die. You'd die because your only options of saving the blonde were to either take the hit, or try and convince Akaza to stop. The humanoid basketball probably wouldn't listen though.

      Tanjiro wearily observed his surroundings, trying to figure out how to wake up. Wait, you were there too. Did that mean you were just part of his dream? His gaze snapped over to you as you stared down at your feet. His eyebrows were drawn together as he pondered further. He wanted you to be real, but you probably weren't.

      "Tanjiro, you have your sword. There is something here for you to cut down already." an older voice had hummed from behind the teen. The burgundy haired male's head whipped around to look at the source of the voice, only to see nothing. Tanjiro gulped, unsheathing his sword.

      "(y/n), even if you are just part of my dream, I'm sorry you have to see this." he mumbled, releasing your hand. You stared at him in shock, covering your eyes when blood splattered.

      You were startled awake when Tanjiro shot up from his seat, causing you to fall over due to having been leaning on his shoulder. You blinked, suddenly trapped in a tight embrace as the teen sobbed into your shoulder. "(y/n)! (y/n)! You're actually here (y/n)!"

       You hesitantly patted the male's back, making eye contact with Nezuko as she fumed. Nezuko wanted to be the one hugging you! And Shoichi wouldn't wake up! You then realized the rope bounding you and Tanjiro had been burnt. Oh, so Nezuko lit you two on fire anyways. Okay then.